Just a suggestion until Arnie fixes things...

Now first off, I'm not complaining, since I have donated nothing (yet) to the site. But I am making a suggestion for all members. When it gets over about 250 active people, please, if you can wait and browse the forums later, please do. It seems to start acting up when there are 200-250 people online, and once we hit around 300, it crashes. This is just a suggestion, and its goal is to improve forum traffic. I thought this might be a good idea. IE:

Right now:

53 guests, 226 members 2 anonymous members EDIT: This was earlier today when they crashed for a few minutes...

I'm getting off right now. :)

Edited by 101matt1
So if I come on-line and its busy, I should leave?  :huh:

Sorry, but that just sounds like a really bad idea. Pretty much every time I come on-line its just as busy. :blink:

I'm just saying, if it looks like it's over 250, which it's not always, and you can come back later, it might be a good idea to go offline for a while. I mean, if you've gotta go somewhere or something, and you need to use them then, then do.

may i ask why a user should run thier life around when a forum is busy?

if the forum is busy i simply wait untill i can have a look simple as that.

and how many "active" members are just sitting there with a web page open? i know i leave it open occasionaly for several hours.

I do that too, fairly usually. I really shouldn't, but I'm usually browsing when I get called to do something or I forget it's up or I get sidetracked. I'm usually on at the least busiest times, but I'm making an effort to do it less.

If I may ask, what is an anonymous member?

And what's the deal? If you donate you suddenly gain the right to complain? I mean, even if that is true, how many people that have donated would actually *badgeress* about the forums?

A new rack has been ordered. There was a delay with the rack ordered (company couldn't source some components, but some alternatives have been sourced). Last update from Arnie was that we were just awaiting it to be installed. :)

That sounds great. Isn't the whole site supposed to look like the news page?

I'll leave it up to Arnie to give you the details (not my place), but rest assured the new server is coming very soon. This will lead to an outage for a while most likely, as Arnie transfers all data across, but should mean no more outages (or at least, nothing like what we're getting now).

Matt: I think the whole forum re-hash is a long-term plan. For now I think most people would be happy just to be able to get access to the forums more often. :)

If by foreigners , you mean non-UK users, then we're kinda the majority here ;)

would that not mean it'll ease the workload on the forums?

on a side note, is airsoft more popular in the uk than in the us? look at the figures.

and if the us are the majority, will it make them the minority after being blocked? (obviously arnie wont do such thing :)

anyway. would you reckon the postcount/reps will be reset??