RE: King Arms to release (more) raped Armalites

I just thought I would post my thoughts on this topic title.

I really find it way out of order that the word "raped" is used in casual conversation in a topic description by a Mod on the front page.

Ok if it was a news item relating to a crime or "Airsofters help capture Rapists" I would be all for it. But in these times where we are trying to be more open to public scrutiny and (heaven forbid) more open to women players. Is this really what we need to see.

I understand that it comes from the online verbage that we all use but I really think a little thought from Marlowe would be good.

Flame on!

Helps pls my arms are all drunkens :flamed:

Im sorry stumpy cat, i tryed but i cant understand your post. I checked wikipedia but unfortunately they didnt have any quick refernces to the Spanish language. The only spanish i do know is "No hablas Espanol" and "Don de es stas mi pantalones". I did see the "flame on" part. Im just guessing your a fan of Johnny on the fantastic four. Hes my favorate too.

Id just like to point out guys get raped too. It sucks. But life goes on.

Lets now have a moment of silence for the great men of our planet who have been raped...

ok thats enough, thank you for caring.

He brings up a good point. Is there rape in the animal kingdom excluding humans? I'd really like to know.

OP: rape on arnies=fugly add-ons/body kits/ other mods to make a gun very unappealing to the eye. Don't take it too hard.

rape on arnies =/= forced sexual acts.

yAll g0nn@ get PwND raped! yaya... lol i guess its just internet speak. People tend to be less formal when they arent confronted by real people.

Hardly the case for me.. I use the term raped in every day speak and I also use the term Retard to describe most people I deal with. But I've never been one in favor of being Politically Correct and I think the PC movement is Raping our world... ;)

PC usage: Sledge raped me last night, and now I'm afraid to go to sleep.

Internet usage: Sledge totally post-raped me, and now I'm afraid to go to sleep.

Arnies usage: Sledge's gun has been totally raped to the point where it's hideousness makes me afraid to go to sleep.

• 3 weeks later...

I must admit that when I was first told of this thread at Op: Morning After, I was convinced that this was a joke.

Now that I have read through the thread and established that this appears (for someone at least) to be serious, I have reached the following conclusions:

1) Some people don't understand the concept of social-specific lexis.

2) None of the regular posters (or anyone who has posted more then a handful of posts, for instance) appears to have an issue with grasping such a concept.

3) The people who generally don't grasp this concept do so because they are not regular users and thus incapable of seeing the usage of the word 'raped' in any context beyond a sexual one.

4) As I have seen only one genuine complaint with a 'yeah, right on' follow-on, both by users I have never heard of before, I have concluded after a nanosecond's reflection that I'll continue to use whatever vocabulary I please. The users are free to voice their frustration, or go somewhere else. I'm sure they'll be sorely missed.

5) Tact is for wusses (anyone want to start a thread about me using that word now? :D).

6) The internet truly is serious business.

• 2 weeks later...

I once got in trouble for using Arnienglish by accident.

Playing with a load of catholics (a church-arranged wargame, which one of my catholic friends invited me to) and someone pulls out a Savage hunteresque P90...thing.

"Jesus Christ, that thing looks like an abortion that was raped by a donkey!" Say I, completely unintentionally. It was really that bad, it had an ACOG, a rediculous silencer on it, two surefires and an M203.

Cue a load of catholics staring at me slack-jawed.

While we are at it...I seriously, utterly, ridiculously HATE the word 'pimp'. Pimps are scum who all deserve to be killed in painful ways and I am hugely disgusted to see the word, term and 'occupation' considered socially acceptable or even respected.

But never would I try and stop others using it. :P

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

*fruitcage* ?

LOL

But seriously, how you talk really is affected by the people around you. Me and my friends always go up to each other and say "what up nukkah" even though we're probably the whitest people around, and we're a bunch of metalheads. But I'd never say it to a black guy that I didn't know.

Edited by Padd3h
  • 3 weeks later...

Political correctness is one of the most dangerous movements.

It makes harmless things dangerous. Simple.

Imagine

"I nearly blew up last night it was intense action!"

"Thats offensive to spontaneous combustion suffereseses!!!"

"Um..okay!...sorry?"

"No its too late now you voiced your opinion! hey jeff listen to this!"

"Ohh thats so racist! people blow up doing jihads!"

"Um...hang on....i didnt mean!

"RACIST!!!"

"Bu.."

"RACIST!!!!"

okay....too much coffee in my system

• 4 months later...
Political correctness is one of the most dangerous movements.

It makes harmless things dangerous. Simple.

Imagine

"I nearly blew up last night it was intense action!"

"Thats offensive to spontaneous combustion suffereseses!!!"

"Um..okay!...sorry?"

"No its too late now you voiced your opinion! hey jeff listen to this!"

"Ohh thats so racist! people blow up doing jihads!"

"Um...hang on....i didnt mean!

"RACIST!!!"

"Bu.."

"RACIST!!!!"

okay....too much coffee in my system

I agree so much... political correctness is ridiculous, to an extent. Calling someone a n***** is totally uncalled for, but how the government and the people in general are bending to the will of a very tiny minority of a minority. it's ridiculous.

sigged, BTW...

I just thought I would post my thoughts on this topic title.

I really find it way out of order that the word "raped" is used in casual conversation in a topic description by a Mod on the front page.

Ok if it was a news item relating to a crime or "Airsofters help capture Rapists" I would be all for it. But in these times where we are trying to be more open to public scrutiny and (heaven forbid) more open to women players. Is this really what we need to see.

I understand that it comes from the online verbage that we all use but I really think a little thought from Marlowe would be good.

Flame on!

Helps pls my arms are all drunkens :flamed:

Go cry! You don't see a million threads talking about how JG has raped the AK

• 4 months later...

He has got a point tho, sure enough, after stalking the arnies corridors for a good couple of years im preety fluent in arnienglish, but if someone look on the the home page or just flicks thru and, in this terribly PC world, sees rape and abortion, what are they going to think lol?

That said political correctness is killing this country, sure being racist, sexist ect is just stupid and shouldnt be done. Ever. but there does reach a point, when your just a bit, WTF?

Anyways, PC, killing the world. Im a youth leader at a youth club, my girlfriend (11 months younger than me, we've been together about 6 or 7 months) joins last month and im told im going to loose my job cos im not allowed to date club members! Bloody Rediculous.

And health and safety, that too. You know firestations arn't allowed firemans poles anymore?

Edited by aeviv

Polictical correctness and health and safety two concepts I attempt to rape as regularly as possible, I can't believe firemen can't have a pole

next the army can't have bullets due to the potential health hazard they pose pfft....

Edited by Scatman