RE: King Arms to release (more) raped Armalites

thank you! i also find it amusing that my 'boss' told me i had to tell kids not to run in football cos if they fell over and cut themselves im not allowed to give them a blaster or such. Me being a 16 year old boy and them being 11 year olds, lord knows what sexual harasment charges i could suffer :P. For giving them a plaster.

What i do think funny is that sometimes, soldiers who are wounded in action are liable for compensation, claims direct style lol.

I agree so much... political correctness is ridiculous, to an extent. Calling someone a n***** is totally uncalled for, but how the government and the people in general are bending to the will of a very tiny minority of a minority. it's ridiculous.

sigged, BTW...

And yet that same word means burned in Latin.

Political correctness is a pile of steaming ######. It has caused more trouoble than it is worth and should be taken outside and shot :D Iirc I cannot be called politically incorrect as this is politically incorrect... I'm euphemistically challenged :D

I heard something about TM no longer importing due to our H&S rules, bullsh1t? or true?

Edited by Brick
My god, necro post!?!

Do me a favour guys, when I drop dead, pop by my funeral and start chatting over my coffin.....I'll probably get another 15 years of life.

Nooo, knowing online forums...

I'm thinking more like 20-30.

• 3 weeks later...

You use the word "raped", some airsoft newb (man; woman) logs onto arnies and sees the word, is reminded of a horrific moment in their life when they were sexually assaulted/raped, and feels horrible. It's the positive of indulging in a whim (using a particular word), against the negative of human suffering. Not using "raped" isn't any kind of P.C. B.S, it's just showing some respect for others; human decency if you will.

Let's go with baby-steps here. How about: "King Arms to release (more) slutted up Armalites". Because if your a victim of sluttiness, it's your own damn fault.

Let's go with baby-steps here. How about: "King Arms to release (more) slutted up Armalites". Because if your a victim of sluttiness, it's your own damn fault.

You wanna be pedantic, so will I...

Technically sluttiness and prostitution can be linked, and sometimes people are forced into prositution, so you can't exactly say it's their own damn fault. Try telling a "slut" that it's her own fault her family has collapsed, she is thrown out of a job, and has nowhere to live..and the only way to make a living is through soliciting on the streets...

I think what we need here...is for people to take a step back...words are used alllll the time; I use "raped" constantly, in a non derogatory, and non offensive way. When it comes to playing a sport and you lose and a team member says, "argh we got raped out there today", it does not automatically mean it is to cause offense, or said in a derogatory or unethical way. Obviously it is a touchy subject, and rightly so; it is not something that I would wish upon anyone, however in the society of today, we learn to live with double meanings.

If someone "shot themselves in the foot" by saying something at work and posted this online, would you turn round and say that this would trigger a mental relapse of someone having been shot? I think no. Similarly, if you were in a bad situation people often say they are royally f****d...is this gonna cause offense too?

I think what Marlowe has said is very true...

1) Some people don't understand the concept of social-specific lexis.

2) None of the regular posters (or anyone who has posted more then a handful of posts, for instance) appears to have an issue with grasping such a concept.

3) The people who generally don't grasp this concept do so because they are not regular users and thus incapable of seeing the usage of the word 'raped' in any context beyond a sexual one.

Clearly offense is never meant, but political correctness does go waaay too far sometimes, look at it this way, my friend is a nursery school teacher, and they are no longer able to sing 'Bah Bah Black Sheep' without singing 'Bah Bah White Sheep' as well, because it could be deemed racist if one is sung without the other.

Pathetic? I think so...it just shows how political correctness is overruling tradition and society; since when was the children's nursery rhyme ever meant to have anything to do with race? What sort of society are we living in today! It just seems to be getting worse and worse, soon everything we say will be taken in an offensive manner.

Anyways, rant over, I just think sometimes things are taken too far, and people should chill out a little more, but that's simply my opinion...

No offense to be caused through using the word raped, f****d, shot etc...I wouldn't like to be crucified for that ;)

You use the word "raped", some airsoft newb (man; woman) logs onto arnies and sees the word, is reminded of a horrific moment in their life when they were sexually assaulted/raped, and feels horrible. It's the positive of indulging in a whim (using a particular word), against the negative of human suffering. Not using "raped" isn't any kind of P.C. B.S, it's just showing some respect for others; human decency if you will.

You necroposted a necropost... and that's just sick.

My god, this is still going on?

Thanks to those who have the common sense to not become hysterical over every lexical choice I have ever made.

Disturbingly, it doesn't seem over a year since I earned the PC brigade's ire for using an adjective they didn't agree with.

Ah well.