UKSF Loadouts

Belladonna

Right, im looking to do an overt sbs setup from A'stan.

i was thinking along the lines of tricol pants with hikeing boots, dpm jacket.. molle padded belt with first like stuff and dropleg and dumper, and a chest rig (od krynoned dusty tan). with a m4 not quite as pimped as us stuff.

a forces 44 daysack (i have a fairly abused dpm one i can use), and either a dpm squaddified boonie, in dessie, or a shamagh moddified into a head wrap, and a shamagh around my neck?

useing ESS ice glasses like shades.

anyone got suggestions on improving this? or is it quite close? ive tried looking on militery photos for sbs pics, but came up with nothing, id appreciate some helpful reference images :)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the book Bloody Heroes all the SBS operators wear civies. In all the pics they're in green/tan trousers/jackets with civvy hiking boots. I think its one of those things like with PMCs where they wear whatever they feel most comfortable in. There was definitely no set kit list.

i assumed you meant geardo, so i was describing your average gearqueer :)

or by darkside, speshul farces loadout? if so, ive been here for a while, in ur blackhawk, stealin ur petrolz.

whats the consensus, dessie dpm pants, tricol, or dessie tiger?

Well great pics misfits.....I think I could detect some 5.11. stuff in those pics as well ;)

Does anybody know what kind of vest these two guys are wearing ? Is that tthe 5.11. vest ore something local made ?

c_sbs04.jpg

c_sbs01.jpg

c_sbs03.jpg

rr-vestb.jpg

indeed, quite a lot have what im after, am i right thinking one guy has dessie tigerstripe with his dpms?

Quite possible ( can't be arsed to look at em al ), their was apicture about of some SAS guys in Iraq wearin em, so the SBS probably do aswell. As someone above said they where what suits. Got a paid myself, well cool.

i think peps here are obsessed with that sort of vest being 5'11, to me, it looks like a comon or garden garden waistcoat, or fishing vest, just green, and unobtrusive, the sort of thing a camera man would use. im quite suprised by the lack of armour.... then again, its sbs, and everyone knows all british special forces are bullet proof ;)

am suitable chest rig?

PIC_0026.jpg

My most recent attempt at the look

started out with a chicom but found a claymore bag seemed to 'fit' with the look better its also alot more comfortable in the long run

Sigtac clothing

pair of Lowa desert boots - under alot of mud

and a shemagh

+ indiginous AK

Archived