UKSF Loadouts

Belladonna

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oddly enough it's not too far off although for most accurate SF Afghan loadout you ideally want ACU trousers and SAS/RM windproof DPM or dessie dpm smock, shemagh, baseball caps are getting more and more popular as are the 5.11 undercover carry vests (worn like an assault vest /on top) and 5.11 trousers.

Oakley glasses are still an "In " item if you really want to make it special and some of the latest jungle boots or even civvie mountaineering boots are favoured by some of those that don't take issued "team"* boots.

try to avoid nylon holsters and safarilands for brit SF, in fact holsters at all generally as most favour the carry vest with internal holster.Some use the PWL/PE holster from team duties but not very often.

* - Team boots at the moment are Adidas assaulter boots

Sorry about being a bit vague on exact products but I will try and give more detail should anyone need specific details on something.

I'm not very good at knowing all the product names ,just what they look like and what they do

Okay, here's a question...this is a cool looking load-out I wouldn't mind doing. However, my AEGs are as follows...

1x 1985 AK-74

1x wood-gripped AK-74

1x AKS-74U

1x L85

I know no Brits bother with the L85 - in the SBS/SAS at least, so thats out right? Would I be too far off for a "siezed" AK-74? Or...will i have to finally plop down the change for a...it hurts me to say it...armalite weapon...

ps: in that first pic --- 124 on that page --- what is the name of the hat that the guy is wearing? I've seen it on several guys abroad, does it have a name?

It's a pakol. You can usually get them from eBay. :)

http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll...akol&category0=

There's a bunch.

ps: in that first pic --- 124 on that page --- what is the name of the hat that the guy is wearing? I've seen it on several guys abroad, does it have a name?

it is not unknown for UKSF to use local weapons but they should not look like they just came out of a crate !

The regiment have a fair few AK variants that look beat-up on the outside but in truth have some of the most pristine internals ever seen on an AK as they are re-engineered by UK armourers to reduce chances of jams etc in the harsh enviroments

local weapons add to your story - some of the best impressions have a 'story' behind them - whether its improvised ammo pouches cause the standard ones dont fit you need (using a claymore bag or a Chicom chestrig for instance), an enemy combatants weapon cause yours jamed in the heat of battle or even a tan or a full grown beard to look like you've been in the wilderness for a while

its the sort of thing that can make a loadout

LeeC, i think she might have some trouble growing a beard....

great look. the ONLY thing i would change is the jacket. the brit camo doesnt mix with the tricam. i'd go with a civvy windbreaker or sumthing less conspicuous. other than that, it's looking great. ur one of the only gril airsofters who actually looks cool. the rest look like rosi o'donnell.... :nosleep:

personally i like the tricol dpm ensemble, and ive seen it done, so im keeping that :P

with a civi windbreaker, id look like a pmc, lets face it.. i want to scream british with this one, so may swap the tricols for dessie dpm, or dessie tiger, or the above mentioned acu for lols :)

LeeC - ill work on the tan (not too much, i likes my pale gothicness), so may have to be fake), but beard i can't do im afraid :)

edit: yeah, a wee bit shy, cant get a good face and good loadout photo in the same photo somehow ><

err , plenty of Tri colour and 6 colour choc chip found it's way into UKSF hands in the last few conflicts .

In fact anyone doing a Gulf 1 SF loadout should really try the UK dessie (non pinked version) trousers with US Night Desert smock (grid pattern) as they were the favour smock towards the later half of the conflict!

remember if your doing a gulf 1 loadout for any brit forces ,you should try and use the earlier 2 colour dessie pattern (it had a darker brown and pale off white base).

the pinker dessie pattern with lighter tan came out after gulf 1 and the 95 dessie stuff later still.

Tbh British special forces, in particular the SBS dont like to scream British at all. Although there would be no doubt DPM would be in use in formations not working closely with indigenous forces. If you can get a hold of a good old windproof smock then it'll enhance that look a lot if you still want to retain the DPM. I would add a Paul Evers leather drop leg holster which are popping up on various places for the right price and lose the black dump pouch (go for a belt mounted on if needs be), if you still want to retain the pouch, krylon the hell out of it. Finally go for a white Shemagh instead and I reckon that'd turn up a cracking loadout altogether.

for those looking for Paul Evers holsters ,they are now made by PWL instead as Paul Evers sadly died around the end 2005.

the regiment use Sig P226 ones but PWL do them for other pistols too ,notably the Glock and USP as the Police firearms teams use them :)

As I said before you are best off not going for a holster on the leg in favour of the 5.11 or similar carry vest with internal holster

um, which firearms teams? as most use safariland or uncle mike :P (would know here)

offtopix ><

well i have considered moving to a belt holster for a more free loadout, and the dump pouch is only on the belt kit because its on there for my pmc setup... and it holds 8 ar 15 mags when use it for a mag storage system in cqb... :P

ain't the consensus of a operarors look to take what wo would want to use in such a situation from your closet, and consentrate on quality and comfort instead of look?

In my case that would be a green m65 style wind jacket. grey carpenters pants meidel boots, a old military cap or a civ boonie and some west.

Archived