UKSF Loadouts

Belladonna

Safariland are very recent and down here it was generally the PWL although I have seen some forces with Uncle Mike's ;)

I love Uncle Mike's stuff but it is not as easily got these days as not many people stock it now.

To be fair I wouldn't have seen if they changed to Safariland in the last few months as i've not been around them since last september

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

seen some uksf with safarilands, but most overt operations ive seen no holster still...unless its belt mounted...

also, Kama, this is UKSF, not random operator/contractor, and ive said from the start im keeping the look fairly overt, and ill tell you now, most of my closet isnt very outdoors persuitsy... :P

also, operators wouldnt choose militery styles for covert work... the 'grey man' principle stands, of no combat pants, militery cut jackets or hats, trying to look as much like anyone in the world ever as possible... as i belive has been said, hikeing pants, flease, and cameraman style jacket seem the norm...

but anyway, overt, not covert :P

ill loose the dump pouch, belt mount a holster, as i hae enough space for one, probably e foebus for my g19...

Ah just disregard my late nigth ramlings then (o and when i said old military cap i ment obsolete old military cap. went out of use some 17 years ago, issued in the fifties)

ps loose the knepad and those flecktarn pants on those mujhaedin!

I envy the foliage in that pic...

I'll need to think of what I'd get for gear, I'm... 'acquiring' an MC51 with CA metal body and SD front-end... Trying to decide what to stock it with, CA G3 solid or G&G G3-fitted UMP stock for more 'modern' look?

Desert DPM/TigerStripe for Afghanistan look with that? And a belt holster for my side-arm ProKiller (I know, non-issue Infinity... but I could be one of those second-son nobles who go for military career... :))

• 4 weeks later...
I envy the foliage in that pic...

I'll need to think of what I'd get for gear, I'm... 'acquiring' an MC51 with CA metal body and SD front-end... Trying to decide what to stock it with, CA G3 solid or G&G G3-fitted UMP stock for more 'modern' look?

Desert DPM/TigerStripe for Afghanistan look with that? And a belt holster for my side-arm ProKiller (I know, non-issue Infinity... but I could be one of those second-son nobles who go for military career... :))

sidearm is less of an issue, granted they just wouldnt allow any random sidearm, as we dont have handguns here, so it would really be something issue, sig, glock, MOST likely the 9mm Hipower

Yea, been looking at the Tanaka M1935 Military Hi-Power on WGC. But my mortgage is eating up most of my discretionary entertainment funds, so I guess I'll go for more authenticy and leave sidearms aside. For now. :)

I got the Tanaka GP35 MkIII, and despite all the bad stuff you can read about, it's always been a good performer for me. I just replaced the grips by Pachmayrs, and IMHO it has the best handling for a handgun, of all (and I tested a LOT!).

err , plenty of Tri colour and 6 colour choc chip found it's way into UKSF hands in the last few conflicts .

In fact anyone doing a Gulf 1 SF loadout should really try the UK dessie (non pinked version) trousers with US Night Desert smock (grid pattern) as they were the favour smock towards the later half of the conflict!

remember if your doing a gulf 1 loadout for any brit forces ,you should try and use the earlier 2 colour dessie pattern (it had a darker brown and pale off white base).

the pinker dessie pattern with lighter tan came out after gulf 1 and the 95 dessie stuff later still.

i was on exercise with the ACF once and we were sharing the camp with the regs, the OPFOR for their excersise walked straight into our camp and they were wearing Chock chip BDU's with either PASGT armour or incerceptors (couldnt see from where i was) in Woodland Camo, they also were using AK's. lol all the little cdts thought that they were Americans.

Archived