UKSF Loadouts

Belladonna

there simple enough to get round my area as the barbour factory is in the north east but the cowen commandos ive seen are most likely the 2000 re-run

in the factory there is a number of runs of different jackets in dpm pattern due to the cowen commandos success within the armed forces which is quite interesting to see.

i have a few barbours myself but mainly the trails international series as i find them a better fit for me. even though there expensive i would stilll use the wax cotton series in the field as their so durable. i would put money on an SBS operator in 2001 taking a barbour to afghan IMO. on or off the field their great jackets and you do get you moneys worth.

if you do come across one though pal jump on it because you can never have to many barbours tongue.gif they are the dogs *badger*s and there a timeless classic now so youll never need to worry about them going out of fashion tongue.gif

Murta, I'm watching an XXL Cowen Commando on the Bay... Hope it won't go for a silly price...

BTW Classic Beaufort, Bedale, and International are the top selling models in my shop...

In 2011 there will be the International 75th anniversary, and Barbour is gonna launch on the market a limited edition with a big Union Flag on the chest and UF lining...

Did you know that during the WW2 they supplied that coat to the RN submarine crews...?

To remain on topic with the thread, on the Paul Bruce's book "The Nemesis File" about SAS "dirty ops" in NI, the author is portrayed wearing a Classic Beaufort...

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"A flurry of activity. On Thursday (01/08/96) Paul Bruce, the author of The Nemesis File was detained at 5:45am at his home in Weston-super-Mare, by officers of the RUC. A copy of his manuscript containing a new chapter, which the publisher claimed would substantiate his claims, was also seized. The Nemesis File was a best selling book billed as a true story of an SAS squad that had executed about 30 men in Northern Ireland, of which Bruce had claimed to be a member. Defence sources had always ridiculed the claims, and even Sinn Fein described them as "totally outlandish". Paul Bruce was flown to Northern Ireland and questioned by the RUC under the Prevention of Terrorism Act, and a day of claims and statements followed. On Friday (02/08/96) the RUC issued a statement. The book was a "work of fiction". Paul Inman, who used the pen name Paul Bruce, had never worked for the SAS. The closest he had got was working for several months in Ulster as a army vehicle mechanic. The RUC confirmed that he could now face a charge of wasting Police time. A senior SAS source said "We are delighted this man has been exposed as the phoney we always said he was."

Reported in The Telegraph 01/08/96 and 02/08/96.

Thanks for the info Red5.

"The Nemesis File" was in the waiting list of the books I should read. Now it's drop down to the pile of books I keep on my table...

I'm an avid SAS books reader, just finish Peter "Snapper" Winner "Soldier I" and in recent times I've read Gaz Hunter, Ken Connors, Sir P. de la Billière, Peter "Billy" Ratcliffe, Lofty Wiseman, Michael Asher, and many more...

Tey're all very interesting and entertaining, and it helps me a lot to improve my english (but it's still far-from-perfect biggrin.gif )

Thanks for the info Red5.

"The Nemesis File" was in the waiting list of the books I should read. Now it's drop down to the pile of books I keep on my table...

I'm an avid SAS books reader, just finish Peter "Snapper" Winner "Soldier I" and in recent times I've read Gaz Hunter, Ken Connors, Sir P. de la Billière, Peter "Billy" Ratcliffe, Lofty Wiseman, Michael Asher, and many more...

Tey're all very interesting and entertaining, and it helps me a lot to improve my english (but it's still far-from-perfect biggrin.gif )

No probs matey :)

For a different Brit SF read try "Her Majesty's Vietnam Soldier" by Guy Bransby. I went to school with his son many moons ago...

I am just wondering:

Do the S95 trousers seem thin, as in the material, compared to other styles of BDU pants to anybody else?

I ordered some from flecktarn.co.uk and was just wondering about the strength of the material they were made of.

The material is very storng but it depends if they were copys. If you are worryed about them ripping I would get some rip stop trousers.

As long as it's proper issue CS95, it will be stand up to what you throw at it. The material is fairly thin, but it's not designed as any sort of super hard-wearing/winter clothing, and it's a lot tougher than first impressions might imply.

I managed to somehow wear all the colour out of the knees of a pair of the trousers once, they just ended up with 2 white patches where they'd been making contact with the ground while leopard crawling, which looked rather odd. That was in recruit though, and I really had to work hard to do that, dragging myself along the bottom of a ditch at the height of summer when the ground was totally rock hard and dry.

Thanks for that! I had never worn S95 trousers before and when I did they seemed light and I was worried. However, they are one of the more comfortable materials I have worn to date, at least in summer. I would imagine I would freeze in winter though.

wear some pyjama bottoms underneath, cashback.

I was about to say pyjamas would hardly be suitable for that sort of application, but then issue longjohns are just the same density of material, so I was talking out my *albartroth* really... go for the pyjamas in winter. That or some kind of trackies.

its plce not airborne webbing thats just an aftermarket name , yes OD and they use paracelete armour carriers mainly in Smoke green which is close to OD but no exclusivly they have been seen with CB HPCs (albeit it was sfsg) and supposingly they have tan Ravs in their armoury confirmed on another forum

Archived