Tokyo Marui P226 GBB Review

Note: I do apologize, but my digital camera broke (thanks sony), so all of these pictures are from my camera phone. I will update the pics as soon as I get a new camera.

Tokyo Marui Sig P226 GBB

Gun

The Sig P226 was and for the most part still is the side arm of choice for the Navy SEALs and most law enforcement agencies. One of the guys in my Unit who also works at Shooter Supply told me that he only trust a Sig in combat, and that is the most reliable weapon he has ever owned, the most comfotable to fire, with the smoothest trigger pull, and light recoil. Then he went on to smash Barettas and how much they suck, period.

0323071332.jpg

(Custom Gun Case I bought at *rickrolls* Sportin Goods)

Upon Opening the box (which all of the trademarks have been cut out of), I noticed a beautiful replica of the famous Sig P226. Had it not been for the little dab of orange on the outer barrel, I would have thought it real. Once it was in my hands, i was amazed by the balance and the weight despite it being plastic. The plastic isnt too much of a problem for me as I would have thought, it is very solid, not a thing is loose or feels like it would break even if i droped it. The weapon is very comfortable to operate and fire.

0323071332a.jpg

As most peopel would know, TM does not have rights to most of the trademarks on their guns, but thank god mine came intact, covered up by some black tape to get pasted customs.

0323071332b.jpg

The trademarks are all exactly where they should be. The only thing that is extra is the Tokyo Marui trademark just below the slide on the righthand side.

The pistol also operates just as the real one should. The slide is crisp and smooth, unlike some of my previous GBBs. This weapon has no safety, the only operational mechanisms are the slide release, hammer release, and the trigger, of coarse. The gun, like its real steal variant, features both double and single action. The single action is smooth, and light, taking little resistance to fire. The double action acts as it should, but is no wear near as smooth as the real steal one is, the only potential flaw I have found with this weapon, but since it does its job, ill let it pass.

0323071332c.jpg

0323071332d.jpg

0323071332e.jpg

Like all TM guns, it features a hopup, which you must take the slide off to get to. Dismanteling the weapon is a sinch. On the lefthand side below the slide there is a switch, turn it down, and you can pull the slide right off. Just below the chamber is the hopup adjust, a simple little turn wheel.

0323071334a.jpg

0323071334.jpg

0323071334b.jpg

0323071335b.jpg

0323071335.jpg

The sights are nice painted day sights, but they do not glow in the dark, unfortunately.

0323071333b.jpg

The upgrades for this gun rivel that of the M4/M16 AEGs. Just go to Redwolf and do a search for P226 and you'll see for yourself. My future plans for this gun include:

- Metal Body Kit

- 150% recoil spring and hammer spring

- 6.03 or 6.01 tightbore barrel

- High Flow Valves

- Hogue Grips

- Illuminated Night Sights

Performance

Unfortunately I forgot to buy top gas when I ordered my pistof from Trinity Airsoft. So I decided to take a huge risk and fire 10 rounds off with propane. It scared me. The slide recycled so fast I could barely see it. But luckily, my Top Gas came in yesterdy, which I have propbaly already spent half the bottle.

The performance isnt as good as an AEG of coarse, but it really amazed me non the less. By far the most accurate GBB I have owned (KSC Metal Glock 18C and a KWA USP .45), and the fastest ROF. The power and speed is mostly due to the plastic slide. Since the slide is much lighter, more gas can be used to propel the bb rather than pushing back a heavy metal slide. Double Tapping is no problem with this puppy.

Thus far I have fired at two targets, one from 10 yards away and one from 20 yards away. It was pretty windy, and I ran out of room in my back yard, so I had to stop there for now.

At the 10 yard target I fired a total of 5 rounds, 2 in the black, 3 in the white

0323071322a.jpg

At the 20 yard target I fired a total of 15 rounds, 2 in the black, 9 in the white (two of camera)

0323071326.jpg

Conclusion

This is by far the best GBB I have ever owned and tested. The only other airsoft pistol that can out perform this gun that I own is my TM MK23 NBB. Even as a stock gun, its performance is accurate, powerful, and fast. Putting rounds on a target is no problem. So, if your in the market for a good side arm/CQB backup, i hightly suggest the Tokyo Marui Sig P226, or any TM GBB, because I've seen their quality, and it never ceases to amaze me.

Unfortunately I forgot to buy top gas when I ordered my pistof from Trinity Airsoft.  So I decided to take a huge risk and fire 10 rounds off with propane.  It scared me.  The slide recycled so fast I could barely see it.  But luckily, my Top Gas came in yesterdy, which I have propbaly already spent half the bottle.

You are aware that Top gas is widely considered to be more powerful than propane, not less, right? So this was not such a risk.

The Tm p226 DOES have a safety....

the "button" that releases the slide, is also the safety. just push it out from the right hand side(if looking through the sights), and there you have it!!!

Sweet, I never knew that. Thats good to konw, though it is a pretty impractical safety when you draw since you cant disengage it with your right hand.

Thanks dude