Chinese Cloned M249... Coming soon.

Noodle_2000

$300? It'd be worth it depending on how well the GB runs. If it doesn't shoot well then I could care less about the stamped body or whatever, it'd just be a $300 paperweight.

Agreed. $300 - $350 is not what I was expecting, so any "rough edges" will pretty much make this as much as an out of the question purchase as a Classic Army M249. But it will be nice to know how this develops.

Now that you mentioned it, having a cheap SAW could get pretty bad. Hundreds of newbies showing up with belts of ammunition across there chest, will be a tiring sight. And with the lack of trigger control thanks to 2000+rd box mags, a new definition of spray and pray is in order.

Heres a small conversation for example.

Me: Get down! We have targets at 3 and 6 o' clock.

Noob: Don't worry I can get us out of this! *racks the bolt on the SAW*

Me: Wait! Stop!

Noob: FOR SPARTA!!!! *As he runs aimlessly into the enemy spraying everywhere, while being cut down by hundreds of BB's...*

is it gonna be mostly metal?? and i think $450 is too high.

that's the fps, the price is around $300. pretty good if you ask me although for performance and quality, we still have to wait. But doesn't this make people who own the Star M249s angry? I mean, a full metal receiver and gearbox for half the price? lol. And if it turns out to perform flawlessly with fabulous externals...wow...

Now that you mentioned it, having a cheap SAW could get pretty bad. Hundreds of newbies showing up with belts of ammunition across there chest, will be a tiring sight. And with the lack of trigger control thanks to 2000+rd box mags, a new definition of spray and pray is in order.

Heres a small conversation for example.

Me: Get down! We have targets at 3 and 6 o' clock.

Noob: Don't worry I can get us out of this! *racks the bolt on the SAW*

Me: Wait! Stop!

Noob: FOR SPARTA!!!! *As he runs aimlessly into the enemy spraying everywhere, while being cut down by hundreds of BB's...*

I think having a cheap saw would be good. It would enable people who like airsoft, but who don't have the $$$ to finally get one.

ahahhah being cut down by bbs would be fun to watch though..

Personally i'm looking forwards to a cheap M249.It means i can buy one & then not worry to much if it spends most of its time in its box while i'm not gaming with it.It also means if i need a support weapon for a game i can go pull it out of storage easily enough.I never carried a support weapon when i was in the army & i've used the CA M249 in one game as a loaner,in the game it was a grin inducer because i knew i could put it down when i wanted & i didn't have to carry shed loads of ammo for it!

The 450+ FPS could've been measured using 0.12 BBs just to make the gun sound better. Lots of Chinese gun manufacturers do that. This, however, is a huge step up on the part of A&K. No manufacturer has offered an inexpensive SAW before, so they'd better make it good.

Personally I'm keeping an eye on this one as a parts donor!

i.e. if the box mag is compatible then that will be a good start.

Then if it's got a metal bipod, another win.

And if they do a para-version and the stock is not completely poopy then it'll allow me to have a whole bundle of options!

I might even have a look to see if i can use it's gearbox as a spare/backup to my trusty (<-- joke!) bellows :)

Oh dear...every man and his dog will have one now.  <_<

no....$300 est. is still alot of money for people.....

Also, some people are complaining about Noobs buying this gun and praying and spraying.... the arrivial of a clone M249 won't encourage this. As we all know, most arisoft guns are simply comsmetic, and all a noob needs to do is buy a famas and a couple of hi-caps, and the would have a poor man's M249.

I think having a cheap saw would be good. It would enable people who like airsoft, but who don't have the $$$  to finally get one.

ahahhah being cut down by bbs would be fun to watch though..

I agree, I just bought a JG M4A1, kinda kicking myself in the *albatross* for it, because now i want both this CA M249 clone, and the A&K SPR Mk 12 Mod.0. It really does expand the options for airsofters on a limited budget though, and if this is as good as A&K's other guns, or so i've read, it should do the job just fine.

no....$300 est. is still alot of money for people.....

Also, some people are complaining about Noobs buying this gun and praying and spraying.... the arrivial of a clone M249 won't encourage this. As we all know, most arisoft guns are simply comsmetic, and all a noob needs to do is buy a famas and a couple of hi-caps, and the would have a poor man's M249.

I agree with both things lol Being 16 with no freaking job (thank you small new england town) 300 bucks is tough to rummage up. Hell, even getting an AK with a few high caps would do the trick. The CYMA AK would be perfect too, cheap, decent fps, and if you burn it out, not as big of a loss as a TM Famas would be.

But doesn't this make people who own the Star M249s angry?  I mean, a full metal receiver and gearbox for half the price? lol.  And if it turns out to perform flawlessly with fabulous externals...wow...

Nope, Ok My STAR one does have a lot of plastic on it (Although at some point its going to get replaced with at least some metal parts like the heat sink) but it does work really well the gear box is easy to get to and work on. Also it came with a sold case and cost me 375 quid. I have had it for a year as well so have had plenty of use out of it to so I've no gripes with it whatsoever which is all you can ask for out of an AEG really, its not like I brought a TOP MP40......................... :D

JG is actually really good.... lol

externally is the same as marui.....

or better....in some cases.....

internally for some reason....

looks and feels better as well....

dont know why but JG is really up there now....

the gears seam to be CA kine....

if they make the SAW...

im a definate buyer :D

cause the internals are all awesome so far....

coming from owning the AUG, G36, M16A4, and MP7

all good guns!....

TBH I'm not excited, more disappointed. I liked it when support guns were heavy and expensive so only some people could carry them. (Depending on the cost) we could see an influx of "support" and "mg gunners".

Same thing goes for STAR.

Limit the amount of support weapons allowed on a team, thats the easy solution, that way there aren't too many support weapons on the field and even the broke peeps can play the role.

I am a STAR mkII owner and I am only very slighty bothered by this release, I really wanted a metal SAW but the maneuverability and the autowinding feature on the STAR is priceless, yep im that lazy :D

The STAR 249 is unique in that the boxmag is a true auto winding box mag (winds as you pull the trigger) out of the package rather than having to do custom work to make it so. Honestly there's no point in talking how STAR owners will be sad over the release of this weapon as this product was no avaliable when the STAR came out, and the same things could be said about all airsoft guns.

I'm still skeptical about the GB; I have yet to see a Chinese clone gearbox that can handle sustained FA. That being said, it wouldn't be that much more expensive to build a new GB for it out of custom parts that WOULD be able to take the strain, and you'd have a really nice 249. Glad to see this come out, it might have to be a project for me come next year.

Archived