Top Gear destroys Toyota pickup

visionviper

i remember them saying the body of the car was holding the chassis together.

and when the waves broke the ropes and dragged the truck out, with the whole car flooded (incl engine) with sea water and sand. flushing it out and a bit of wd40 got it working again. that was awesome. if you now watch the recent episodes of top gear, i think they have it on a platform angled towards the middle of the studio.

my ego > all k?

my ego works in all OS platforms and works in all cars, vehicles. both military and civilian. k i win. but i'll resign instead because that's more challenging

My father and I go hunting on one of his friends property and he has a older than god toyota 4x4 pickup(must be a Tacoma ancestor) and it has over 230,000 beat the ###### out of american car run through woods and hit trees miles and it runs beautiful

I hate all those car rating people. I only go by what people who actually use the cars say.

Now with that said.... older american made cars kick *albatross*. That was back when they actually gave a ###### about what they built. That is why the '68 chevy is still running. That is why you have those people still sriving things like Model As, cars from the 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s. IMHO, after the 70's though is when the decline started. I think they hit bottom in the late 90's, and I think they are getting better now. Right now to they beat Toyota, Honda, and other foreign car makers? Hell no. Did they up until the 80's? No doubt in my mind.

Nope doesn't matter, I know a guy from the business drives a '68 chevy truck to work everyday it runs like a dream. Even Motor Trend (with a Toyota car as Car of the year) choose the Chevy over the Toyota, when you need power for hauling and towing the Chevy V8 can't be beat.

Right, and because Motor Trend says it, it must be true. Maybe you haven't heard of the Land Cruiser.

Do you actually drive a Chevy Silverado around?

Do I? No. Do I have friends that have Chevy, Ford, and those others. Yes. One of my friend's mom got a new SUV, and it broke within a week. She had to take it in becuase the ignition key would jam.

The key to longevity in any vehicle is maintanence, period.

I've seen Toy Yo Yo's with 300K on them but not much sheetmetal left on the vehicle (not to say older Chev's and the like, didn't rot out too). I've also seen Fords and Chevy's with equal milage on them. In fact I remember one guy around where I live had an old Ford 150 manual tranny with 280K on the original clutch.

Vehicles are made by man, man is imperfect and thus, all mechanical things are imperfect. Chevy's break, Toyota's break, Honda's break Ford's break, Dodges break, Nissan's break... At some time, they will ALL break! :)

I've seen Toy Yo Yo's with 300K on them but not much sheetmetal left on the vehicle (not to say older Chev's and the like, didn't rot out too). I've also seen Fords and Chevy's with equal milage on them. In fact I remember one guy around where I live had an old Ford 150 manual tranny with 280K on the original clutch.

Vehicles are made by man, man is imperfect and thus, all mechanical things are imperfect. Chevy's break, Toyota's break, Honda's break Ford's break, Dodges break, Nissan's break... At some time, they will ALL break! :)

Yeah, but some go much quicker than the others.

Yeah, but some go much quicker than the others.

Yep that's why I only keep my "American" cars till they get in the 150 thousand mile range or so... (Actually it's funny to say American since even the Big Three don't really build most of thier products here in the states).

Like I said before, anything will last as long as it's taken care of. And all vehichles break, including Honda, Toyota, BMW etc.. Mechanical things..... :)

Definatly a major part. My dad's Dodge Ram 1500 has around 230k on it right now, and it is still in good enough condition to easily last him until 300k. Of course, all trucks are built better anyways. They have to stand up to more punishment.

Archived