STAR M249 Para not feeding

ColDaz

Hi,

First, thanks for looking.

Second, I have a bit of a problem with my Star M249 Para not feeding.

Using a 8.4V 4300mAh large battery and two new Energiser AA batteries in the included auto-winding box magazine and with everything connected properly the gun will dry fire and you can hear the box mag winding, but nothing comes out.

I've checked the connections on both the gun and mag and even stripped the box down (harder than it looks!) to check that it winds properly.

I tried to take out the 'quick and easy to change gearbox' following the instructions but couldn't get the damn thing out.

I get the feeling that there may be an obstruction I can't currently get to stopping the bbs from feeding into the barrel, or it has just occurred to me that the hop up may be so highly set that it's stopping a bb from leaving the barrel.

While I try to get the gearbox out, could anyone offer any advice?

Very much appreciated,

Darren

It is, I think. That could be the problem. When it didn't fire I disconnected it and a ten or so bbs fell out of the gun itself, so it must be.

Cheers for that, the diagram says jack about removing the stock.

This has lived at home for the last few months and I havent had a chance to even fire it yet.

Thanks mate.

No worries, try turning the hop-up down as well, it's possible to over turn the hop and cause BBs to jame... though this makes a f-awful nose when you fire.

IIRC you should be able to get the mag to feed by bridging the two small connectors on the "plug" so you can see if it's working alright.

Magazine bridging: clever.

Also, got the gearbox out and looking into the barrel from where the gearbox was there isa bb jammed in where I think the hop up is too high. Got to find a small allen key and that should be sorted.

I think it might be a combination of both the hop up jamming that bb in and the mag not feeding correctly.

Archived