GTA IV

Jett

Ahh, youre right. It was III I was thinking of.

SA was a victim of its own size to me. I got freaking bored. Never connected with the character or really cared about his success. I dunno...with Vercetti, he at least seemed to have some charm. I dont really care for the drugs n rap scene so I guess SA was a bit too detailed for me.

Not really had an interest in checking out LCS since that let down, and i dont feel much enthusiasm for IV either.

LCS is actually pretty damn good. I prefer it to SA. It's just the III map basically, so not as pointlessly huge as SA, but now with motorbikes *nod* *fruitcage* rocks, as soon as I got a motorbike on VC I started thinking about the kickass ramps/jumps in III :D

Might have to check it out then.

BTW, am I the only one who completely ignored the girls/relationship scenarios in SA?  Seemed needlessly pointless to me.

No. I ignored them too. Well, I say ignored, I actually just drove them all off cliffs into the sea. And who say's computer games aren't realistic?

Anyway, I agree that SA was a bit too big but only because it wasn't populated with enough stuff, making the open areas seem really barren. VC is still the best GTA in my mind.

Looks good to me, although I'm a little disappointed in the choice of setting. Liberty City was to NYC like Vice was to Miami, so why make another game that takes place in a New York City like area? I'm definitely going to buy it when it comes out though, even if I don't own a console to play it on. :)

It will be very interesting to see if the gameplay is updated.

GTA is an amazing series and Vice City blew me away when I first played it on PS2 but I am starting to find the whole thing a bit stale.

Each new incarnation has changed very little in the way of gameplay and the same poor features (combat, aiming etc) are repeated in each new version.

I really hope Rockstar breaths some new life into the new game for our sake and their own.

Chris

Saints row was so much better i think, was a lot more funny anyway. As for san adreas i thought it was ###### in comparison to gta3 and vice city. How is a guy how can barely speak english able to fly a harrier? Made little sense...

However gta 4 does look good, i wont hold my breath (i did for halo 2 and that was a huge disappointment)

How is a guy how can barely speak english able to fly a harrier? Made little sense...

However gta 4 does look good, i wont hold my breath (i did for halo 2 and that was a huge disappointment)

You're looking to GTA to make sense? I'm scared to ask what you thought of the jet-pack...

I do agree with you about Halo 2 though, but that's a whole other thread...

Its looking damn shiny and cool if nothing else comes of it.

Then again, to me GTA has always been as much about the chance to just waste half hour or so dicking about in some car along the streets or any other of the random things you could do, as it was for the storyline and associated missions.

Hell, I used to spend hours just trying to find the cooler cars and stocking my garages all over the place with them, or in GTA3 for example seeing how many roundtrips of the 3 islands I could get the wingless dodo round :D

I don't care if the missions are as silly as delivering a pet poodle to the mafia bosses wife after stealing it from the major's back garden. It might even be the excuse I need to go get a next gen console in place of this heap of junk PC !

looks like they've done a massive overhaul of the physics, graphics, and 24hour simulation.. I mean, those shadows and light rays look freakin awesome!

Let's just hope they are accompanied by a gameplay overhaul, but tbh, if there's more realistic damage models accompanying all that pretty scenery I might spend all my time driving around trying to get 5 stars.

It'd also be great if they finally made your wanted level realistic.. ie if you outrun the police chasing you, you get away.

As opposed to having to drive along the beach/countryside only to find the police are suddenly around every corner having replaced all other cars on the road, matrix style.

I liked SA. Because it was so big, I never got bored. Hell, I've beaten it at least half a dozen times now and I'm still not bored. I thought LCS was actually not that great. The lack of any air vehicles was a major letdown for me. VC was pretty good, not much more to say. III stands as my favorite right now, for reasons I can't quite explain. Maybe it's because being the only one I know who can fly the plane for more than an hourat a time makes me feel superior :P . Anyways, IV looks awesome and might be worth getting a PS3 for.

Archived