Firefox mic problem

Hello, I purchased a Firefox commando mic a while back and have only gotten round to using it as I've only recently got a talkabout T5412 radio to use with it (I tried using it on a BT freeway FM radio with the suitable adaptor with no luck).

Now the T5412 is working fine without the headset, but when I power up with the headset in it acts as if it isn't there (It still uses the onboard mic to transmit, external PTT button doesn't work, no sound to the ear bud). I've only gotten some sound from the ear bud when I press the connector into the radio with quite some force.

Is this a common problem do you know or is my headset faulty?

Hi

Here are a few tips for getting the best out of the FireFox Throat Mics

TEST IF THE THROAT MIC IS WORKING

Plug one throat mic into a radio and turn 2 radios on

If you press the the PTT button on the throat mic and tap the white throat mic contact is the sound heard on the other radio ????????

If you hear the tapping the throat mic is working OK go to tips

If no tapping is heard then the unit looks faulty return to Airsoftmart for testing

TIPS

1. Make sure neck is clean shaven (hair gives muffed sound or no sound)

2. Make sure the white throat mic contact is placed just to the left or right of the larynx (test by pressing the PTT while move the contact around till sound is heard)

3. Press the white throat mic contact against the skin to make a good contact while testing

4. Throat mic loop can be bent in to make the throat mic contacts press harder on the skin

Mark

TEST IF THE THROAT MIC IS WORKING

Plug one throat mic into a radio and turn 2 radios on

If you press the the PTT button on the throat mic and tap the white throat mic contact is the sound heard on the other radio ????????

If you hear the tapping the throat mic is working OK go to tips

If no tapping is heard then the unit looks faulty return to Airsoftmart for testing

Hello, that is the exact method I've used to try and get it to work but no avail. I'll give it another try after I get back from work though.

In the mean time can you give me details for me to send this back for testing?

Thanks

Archived