Warrior R.I.C.A.S.

+gingernuts+

I have looked around and havn't found another post on this, but i could be wrong.

The Warrior R.I.C.A.S.

ricaswebl2apq2.th.jpg

Now in stock in http://www.uktactical.com/acatalog/Warrior__R.I.C.A.S.html

This is the nicest piece of kit i have ever seen! I don't even have an armalite yet, but hoping to get one and i love this bit of kit. It is £120, but i think it is worth that, but it is the price of a pistol or a small AEG. Does anyone have this?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think many people will have the RICAS yet because it's only just come in stock, but there are plenty of people here who will vouch for Warrior's other products. Granted, the design is based on Eagle's CIRAS, with (presumably) enough changes made to dodge the legal bullet unlike the more obvious copies. However, I believe Warrior gear (and perhaps to a lesser extent, Bulle with their CIRAV etc) is designed for use in the field by people who aren't airsofters.. yet the price is very airsofter-friendly :)

Gingernuts, you might also want to consider the Bulle CIRAV - you can get it for about the same price (with pouches) but it's more like the land version of the CIRAS, where as the Warrior one is more like the Maritime version.

EDIT: *lol* I gotta stop editing this post..

To be honest, it's 50/50 between the two, and it really depends on which style of CIRAS you prefer. The most obvious difference is that the drag handle is on the front of the RICAS, and on the back for the CIRAV. I think the access panel for the pull cord is on the front of the CIRAV and on the back of the RICAS.. really, you just want to compare the two visually and decide which one you prefer the look of :)

There is an important difference between the CIRAV and the RICAS. It is that the CIRAV is not releaseable!!!!

(please correct me if i'm mistaken, not kept up to date on CIRAV development)

Looks to me that the RICAS is indeed based on the CIRAS, obvious difference being that there are two lanyard loops in the release mechanism vs the single one in the CIRAS. I doubt that there is any functional difference though and it does indeed acheive the CIRAS look.

Looks pretty good to me.

Not a bad deal for a cordura & double stitched built RICAS vest.

Just...why....why would they make the release cable neon green!?

That kind of thing really confuses me. They expect us to wear these to a disco or something?

Just posting to reinforce just how good this Warrior gear is. I have their light plate carrier (its basically same design as a Weesatch) and in comparison to the HSGI ones that my mates have there is practically no difference in quality. I also got to see pretty much the whole Warrior range at a trade stall UK Tactical had and it was all top quality gear at a really good price.

My Weesatch copy was less than half the price of the HSGI one.

Archived