Flash Hider Help...

Noodle_2000

Hello everyone,

I've recently switched out my regular M4 Length outer barrel for a M733 one instead. But now I have a problem. My M4 inner barrel sticks out around 1 1/2 inches with the standard flash hider on. I don't want to cut it or switch to an M733 inner barrel. So I was wondering what would be a good alternative flash hider that is around 1 1/2 inches longer than a standard flash hider. I did have this in mind...

fire-hog.jpg

But I'm not sure on the length of it. Can anyone give me some recommendations?

Thanks everyone,

Gary B.

I can't see your pic, so if any of these are the one you've already suggested, I apologize. Most of these should be about an inch and a half to two inches longer than a standard birdcage:

Noveske-style

FNC-style

The XM-style flash hider itself

Looooong-style M4 flashhider

All of these look really good on an M4 IMHO and should cover your inner barrel, though you might see it through some of the holes/vents

I don't know if that one's long enough, but an Xm177 muzzle device would be enough, but it would make your gun look like a civvie gun.

I think a rebar cutter would work too, they're huge, but, you would probably still see the inner barrel.

What was the purpose of switching outer barrels, if you didn't want to cut the inner barrel?

The purpose of switching was that I could have a more CQB like gun; because of our field. I'm just not comfortable with cutting my inner barrel. But anyways I came up with a few flash hiders.

http://www.nitroairsoft.com/catalog/images/fire-hog.jpg

http://store.matrixbb.com/servlet/-strse-2...-Phantom/Detail

I do have a silencer that I can cover it up with. But, it doesn't work correctly because the inner barrel is too short.

I don't know... I think that I'm going to go with the Noveske style.

Gary B.

The m733 is shorter than the m4, the m4 should be slightly more accurate, but there are other things that affect accuracy much more than the few inches differing in length.

I don get why you want to buy a new flashhider with no other purpose than hiding the inner barrel, that you can replace for $6 or cutting it for almost nothing, or save the money to get a tightbore in the right length.

As long as you keep the m4 inner barrel as it is the gun will still be almost as long as an m4, it will probably look more compact, but it won't be much different from the m4 when it comes to handling in tight spaces.

I'm not telling you what to do, just my thoughts on it.

Archived