Emos...

soadrocker856

oh ive seen that, one of the lads at my school a few years ago got told he was going to pass his science exam with no trouble because he was one of the brightest pupils the teacher had ever seen, the guy went home and carved himself up because of the pressure.....

Bingo. And the stress here is so much greater. Most of it is culturally dealt with to be sure, but when someone snaps the generally placid nature of society makes it all seem so much worse.

Back in 98 when I teaching English down near Osaka, on of my junior high school kids (gods, he was all of 13) sawed off a former friend's head and stuck it on the school gates.

Then there was the lassy who spent about £3,000 on a most immaculate costume to match her Super Dollfie and took an overdose as she thought she'd "never be as happy again". She was going to Oxford the following year and was one of the brightest people I have ever taught.

Ahmen to your life rule that man. People do need to step back and take a chill pill from time to time.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does being a clinically depressed make one Emo?

Never got into the self pitying scene though, I was more the kind who listened to really angry music, Amen, Sepultura, Soulfly, and Machinehead. I wore assault boots and black combats, and as for drinking neat vodka, real problems are solved with whisky, real ale and a selection of nice medicines.

Don't get emos and aggressive metallers mixed up or it is liable to cost you something dear. I recall one chav at my school crossing the line and being carted off to hospital with a ruptured testicle.

No, Emos =/= clinically depressed.

Emos glorify depression, but most of them have no real reason to be depressed.

If you have a real reason, you're depressed, and should seek help.

If you don't have a real reason, you're an Emo, and should seek the business end of a chainsaw through your face.

Funnily DSM IV and WHO ICD-10 have no mention of a "reason" in the criterion for any mood disorder.

And "para-suicidal behaviourism"

What? Nice fancy words your using there. Except self harm has little to do with suicidal intent.

And I do wonder why people like to look down on other social groups, haven't you got anything better to do?

I actually read this on an Emo's book.

'I'll kill when i'm done crying'.

Sums it up pretty much. Would be a good army to have at night, except for those bloody leg length chains, still chavs should go before emos, emos don't get ASBO's and inbreed like those evil chavs.

'FireKnife'

I bet emos have a similar thread about airsofters on their forums.

"Those physically grown kids with their toy guns."

-One of them told me he spent 2000 quid on the clothing and gear alone.

"Mommy must have paid for all of that."

"I wonder when someone is going to attempt suicide or a school shooting with those dumb pellet guns."

-Actually they can be converted to fire real ammo, so that could be really dangerous!

"Yeah, unless you're talking about the suicide part."

I bet emos have a similar thread about airsofters on their forums.

"Those physically grown kids with their toy guns."

-One of them told me he spent 2000 quid on the clothing and gear alone.

"Mommy must have paid for all of that."

"I wonder when someone is going to attempt suicide or a school shooting with those dumb pellet guns."

-Actually they can be converted to fire real ammo, so that could be really dangerous!

"Yeah, unless you're talking about the suicide part."

:lol:

Sale,.. got to hand it to you, that was just,... perfect!

And "para-suicidal behaviourism"

What? Nice fancy words your using there. Except self harm has little to do with suicidal intent.

It's from the PowerPoint put on by a program called Dialectical Behavior Therapy, which is part of the local Alcohol & Drug Services program. I'll dig up the write-up I did on it and explain more when I do.

167_large.gif

Yep, I have a pretty big yard......

Emos... bunch of fruitcages.

I still don't get how physical pain relieves your "internal" pain.

They should go and play paintball with frozen pbs for pain!

Actually, I find a frozen paintball hits as just as hard and sometimes less then a regular one. The shell of it become brittle and it can also break inside the barrel.

Just from my experiences from paint balling for a good number of years.

It's from the PowerPoint put on by a program called Dialectical Behavior Therapy, which is part of the local Alcohol & Drug Services program. I'll dig up the write-up I did on it and explain more when I do.

I can understand what you mean by parasuicidal behaviour. However my point is that while its a useful term for research, in terms of counselling and therapy it's less so. Simply because it lumps together two pretty different types of behaviour. There are also ethical issues, such if a client actually want to end their own life, can or should you stop them? But we're not going to go there.

My main problem with the term parasuicidal behaviourism is that it implies a vast amount of knowledge there isn't very much understanding.

A much more insightful post is this one:

I still don't get how physical pain relieves your "internal" pain.

I've yet to come across anyone who knows exactly what someone else is thinking/feeling etc normally, let alone when they're carving up their leg with a pair of scissors.

Different people react differently to the same stimuli, whether it's a gun shoved in your face, cutting yourself open or having a naked woman spread her legs in front of you. For some people, the rush of endorphins gives them some kind of high. For others, it makes them sick.

Think of it like this; endorphins = alcohol. Some people can take it, some people can't.

Archived