• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, batteries are always a trouble and pain with G36 rifles, no matter what make model. I personally use a battery sling for my CA36c and will use it on the SR36E (home made modded 3point sling) and it works gret, pre-made ones are avaliable for something like $50.

• 3 weeks later...
Well I received mine yesterday.

I took it apart today.

And to find that the gearbox was well over-greased.

But other than that it is fine.

I'm highly interested in one of these...

But before I purchase anything -- What kind of battery have you guys managed to fit into the fore grip before any modifications?

After modifications?

Exactly what was modified?

Thanks for any information.

Alright, I was able to fit a 9.6v stick in the foregrip. Though I hope you have a dremel on hand.

You need to sand down of cut of the little nub on the bottom of the gas port. Then with a little bit of effort you can get it to fit it. And you might have to run fuseless aswell.

But this effort is worth it. Put a 9.6v in that gun and you have a weapon!

• 3 weeks later...

sorry for the necro (if this qualifies as a necropost).

I just ordered one of these today but I need a bit of info. I have two intellect 1400mah 8.4v sticks, will it perform well with these or should I just go for a 9.6v? also, can you get a pic of the nub that needs to be removed? I just don't want to hack off what doesn't need to be hacked.

lastly, if anyone ordered from airsoftgi, does it come with an m4 birdcage flashhider and the g36 flashhider or just one of the two?

thanks.

I think an 8.4v should work perfectly. It wont deliver the FPS and power of a 9.6v but will certainly get the job done. It'll shoot at about 300 fps.

For the nub, here's a pic:

sjsac3y.jpg

As for airsoftgi, being in the united states it would most likely come with an orange plastic birdcage flashider. Or maybe a metal M4 birdcage with the tip painted orange.

BTW if you get one, I might suggest the one with the rail instead of the 3x scope. Since the 3x isn't like the actual G36 scope, it's a crosshair, like a sniper rifle. Not to mention you could get an S point later.

Edited by Munitions Man

ok, well then I'm off, to order a 9.6v battery. as for the scope, I don't really mind what the reticule looks like and I already ordered the scoped one as I like the looks tons more plus it will have more resale value and has a rail anyway.

I hope I get the good flashhider, I hate birdcages. dang, I wish I knew which one I'm getting.

I would edit, but I can't now. sorry.

so, ASGI emailed me back and told me that it does, indeed, include the orange plastic flashhider so anyone in the US who wants an SRC G36 without the risk of customs seizure, make sure you have a new flash hider ready.

luckily, ledpocket if threading a g3-sg1 flashhider for me so I'll have a good one for my g36.

just wanted to help out.

Just wanted to write and say i got mine, so here are some first impressions:

Very nice feel on the whole, solid, no creaking or flex. Stock seems to be slightly inferior to my CA36C but nothing much. The ABS plastic is nice enough though if you are used to the very nice CA Nylon fiber mix surface it's slightly shiny lending to a more toy-ish outlook. Nothing really bad though, and overall finishing is very nice.

The 3x scope is IMO very nice, i usually have problems with scopes as i never seem to get a comfortable position with my head when aiming, but this one is great for me. Nice and crisp image too! The top rail will be sporting my KA open-type reddot sight for close in engagement.

Another point worth noting is that the selector is a large improvement over my CA36c, it has clear notches and "clicks" into place, unlike my CA which is the same all over and has no clicks whatsoever.

No the bad news is that the hop-up appears to be busted, as dialing it up or down doesnt affect BB trajectory at all, neither with 0.2s or 0.25s. This also leaves range very short, it shoots like an AEG with the hop-up turned off. I've mailed the importer about it and i will most likely be sending it back for them to fix and also installing a 6.04mm precision barrel at the same time.

I'll be back later.

• 2 weeks later...

Aloha from the big island!

There was an unanswered Q from a page ago... could you compare to a JG g36c on both internal and external quality? I'm deciding between buying a JG and eventually buying a K frontend, or buying the SRC/TSD (rail version) and eventually... buying a K frontend.

inevitably, comparison pics would be outstanding, if possible :)

mahalo!

Aloha from the big island!

There was an unanswered Q from a page ago... could you compare to a JG g36c on both internal and external quality?  I'm deciding between buying a JG and eventually buying a K frontend, or buying the SRC/TSD (rail version) and eventually... buying a K frontend.

inevitably, comparison pics would be outstanding, if possible :)

mahalo!

The externals and internals are better than JG, the externals are nearly on par with a CA, but has internals better than a CA or a JG.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I had the same trouble with the battery fitting properly, I must have spent an hour trying to fit my 8.4v mini type square battery when I decided to look at the problem logically ;) There is a spring above the outer barrel but I dont know what purpose it serves (I'm a newb, maybe someone can inform me what it is), so I removed the spring which allowed the battery to just about fit, but then when I put the handguard back on the pin which holds it in place wouldnt fit, so I put a different pin (from my naff cybergun m4 springer) which was a tiny bit thinner in the handguard and it works fine.

Edited by Here come the fuzz!

Just an update.

Gun is still working fine though the selector switch fell off. Luckily I have a broken CA G36. My advice is to make sure the switches on each side are as secure as possible. There's a little screw on the side of each. Make sure it's as tight as possible. Or else it'll fall off eventually and ruin your day.

• 2 weeks later...