BB comparison

sirrith

My experience with the digis is that only the silver/grey (coated) ones, leave crud up your pipe!

The white ones are ok.

Heres the thing that put me off: if you roll them down a 6.03, about 1 in 10 get stuck. A puff of air is enough to get 'em out, so we aren't talking barrel jams, just inconsistency.

They fire ok, but this was enough to put me off.

I found that .3's worked best with my set up at 500fps, & as there are, cheaper & better brands around that weight, I use them instead. (Guarder High Precision made .28's. & SGM's. Yes I know I can get digis cheaper than sgms now, but when I bought 'em the digis were more expensive!)

Scithe, you raise a good question; above .3, what are the alternatives to Digicon??

Greg.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aside from the SIIS 0.33g, there are none. I've spent ages looking. Xtreme 0.3g BB's work out the best value for money, you get something in the region of 3000 for £14 from Airsoft Scotland.

Greg, I'm going to try your 'bb rolling down a barrel' trick when I get home. Out of interest, have you tried doing that with uncoated 0.43g bb's?

magic tomcat had posted earlier in this thread that he was going to get some target bb's from begadishop. target makes pretty much every weight bb you can think of. there was a file he posted which gave the specs of these bb's and it was quite impressive.

http://www.begadishop.de/1st-target/1sttarget-deviation.doc

anyway, i emailed him last night to find out if they are any good, will let you know what he says.

Aside from the SIIS 0.33g, there are none. I've spent ages looking. Xtreme 0.3g BB's work out the best value for money, you get something in the region of 3000 for £14 from Airsoft Scotland.

Greg, I'm going to try your 'bb rolling down a barrel' trick when I get home. Out of interest, have you tried doing that with uncoated 0.43g bb's?

No.

Sadly, I used to spend hours 'filtering' out the miss shaped ones like that, throwing out all those that didn't run smoothly down the 6.03!

Greg.

Hi guys

I'm not able to acces the web very often now,only during holidays.

I havent tested more BBs, but if someone here wants to try on begadi, fell free :-)

And im planning and improving my m700 woth a 6.01 and a better CO2 system with 2 very good reg instead of the power booster i use.I also have the BSG kit,but i think that now i can use any aeg hopup rubber,wich one is the best?

thx a lot

ps:if you want to contact me do it on my email: magictomcat@hotmail.com and put something like airsoft in the subject otherwise-->junk mail

i got some straight .36's earlier this week, and i noticed they shot like cr@p (i have the grey non-graphite coated ones). i sorted through all 1000 of them by rolling them down my hi-capa's .01 barrel (i use a .03 in my g-spec) using the ones that did not have any trouble getting through the .01 barrel, i found that while the consistency did increase, they were still sh1te. i am having a hard time hitting a torso sized target at 100ft, and find it almost impossible to hit a head sized target at 80ft. from what i have read in this thread these bb's should be pretty decent aside from the occasional flier. so why am i finding these to be so inaccurate?

Sorry but grey non graphite coated?

the non graphite ones are white mate, well slightly off white, but not grey, the grey/silver ones are graphite coated (rub them in your fingers and you will get it graphite on your fingers lol)

correct me if im wrong, but id like to see a photo.

i use digicon .36 (white non coated) through my rifle, (500fps) PDI 6.01 barrel, and perform alot better than SGM's.

You can get grey non coated straight bbs as well, i have a bag of 0.43s which are grey.

post-28584-1195045634_thumb.jpg

There you go a pic of a bag of 0.36 coated next to a bag of 0.43s grey uncoated

There was a list of all the different types of straight bbs you could get with the different coloured labels somewhere but just off hand i can`t remember where i saw it.

i got some straight .36's earlier this week, and i noticed they shot like cr@p (i have the grey non-graphite coated ones). i sorted through all 1000 of them by rolling them down my hi-capa's .01 barrel (i use a .03 in my g-spec) using the ones that did not have any trouble getting through the .01 barrel, i found that while the consistency did increase, they were still sh1te. i am having a hard time hitting a torso sized target at 100ft, and find it almost impossible to hit a head sized target at 80ft. from what i have read in this thread these bb's should be pretty decent aside from the occasional flier. so why am i finding these to be so inaccurate?

Don't worry, you are not alone.

Whilst it has to be said that digis have a great following, I too find 'em to be inferior to other brands (in my vsr's), even after filtering (both coated & non.)

Mind you, having said that, the 3.6 uncoated are the nuts in my stealth assassin; 400fps with lalax 303x6.03 barrel with firefly hard hop!!

Horses for courses. :P

Greg.

greg, what kind have you tested? could it be that there is a difference between the non-coated grey ones and the non-coated white ones?

bauer, i also thought they were graphite coated when i got them as the color does seem like it, but i rubbed it between my fingers like crazy and didn't get any residue.

I can`t remember where i got the uncoated 0.43 from just off hand although alot of retailors seem to send what they have irregardless of what type they have pictured.

The list i previously mentioned had all the different types of straight bbs listed in order of the best to the worst but i can`t remember where i saw it.

No It was a long time ago i saw this, i have been searching through some of the likely places i would have seen it but i can`t find it anywhere.

i posted up because i thought someone else might have remembered it, it was most likely on a airsoft forum perhaps even somewhere on this one. If i come across it i will post it up.

Digis I've tried: .3 uncoated, .3 coated (shiny silver), .36 uncoated, .36 coated (matt grey), .43 coated (matt grey).

Varying results: Ultimately went back to sgms & then Guarder HPM .28's. They suit the 500fps vsrs better. In my case. :rolleyes:

The digis do suit other applications, as said, they go very well in gas pistols, & the heavier ones seem to smooth out the fps inconsistencies in narkas etc.

Greg.

No It was a long time ago i saw this, i have been searching through some of the likely places i would have seen it but i can`t find it anywhere.

i posted up because i thought someone else might have remembered it, it was most likely on a airsoft forum perhaps even somewhere on this one. If i come across it i will post it up.

i think i vaguely remember the article a year or so back myself.

i followed a link off this forum to it. =/

• 2 weeks later...
ach, ok... do you remember vaguely what the best ones were?

This is the list i was referring too, it was on ascuk and the guy on there copied it from airsoft retreat forums.

There are a couple of types of Digicon Ammo available (in order of preference)

1).43 or .36 special order witout graphite coating (light brown label)

2).43 or .36 "pi-ka"with graphite coating(light green label)

3).43 or .36 "gu-re(grey)"without graphite coating(light brown or orange lable)

4)white .36(orange label)

Archived