Googlebot wants to play

R22Master

Just noticed that the Googlebot has found the site and has logged in :)

Do you think it's going to start asking questions like "What is the best gun?", and "Where can I go skirmishing?", or does it already have all the answers??? :blink:

googlebot.jpg

Maybe we can invite it to Arnie-Geddon, or get it to review its favourite AEG? :D

No?

Well, I thought it was funny :unsure:

i noticed both also.... since I first logged in... i thought that's just a part of arnie's plan.

it kinda makes sense i guess, so people can get to arnies in more ways etc, maybe.

how about google-geddon? jeeve-pocalypse? :rolleyes:

hahaha sorry...

please give me my brain back...

ima bet its just someone who registered because the registration asks for you to put in a number to stop bots? :)

what's "ima bet"?

they were not reg'ed users. they were not clickable and do not have an account. I'm sure it's just because arniesairsoft is on their database and is searchable. Just a bot keeping in touch with it's airsofter side??? :)

I would imagine that part of the forum engine detects these bots and requests a name. It then puts the name up on the user list to indicate that the bot is scanning the pages.

I'm sure it was not a registered account, but if it were, I would have a lot of questions to PM. After all, the Googlebot must know everything ever put up on the web, right? :)

I would imagine that part of the forum engine detects these bots and requests a name.  It then puts the name up on the user list to indicate that the bot is scanning the pages.

I'm sure it was not a registered account, but if it were, I would have a lot of questions to PM.  After all, the Googlebot must know everything ever put up on the web, right?  :)

somehow I found that very amusing... :lol:

i think i've got the bloody giggles!!!! :D

A forum I frequent, at one point, had more Google spiders browsing the index than it did members! The software the forum is run on tells you that Google spiders/bots are reading it, but I think Arnie can turn that option off.

Anyways, it's just spreading the word, so it's all good :)

Archived