Just a quick update, all my topic notifications never used to get filtered to my spam mail, which was why I didn't think to look there. After checking the Spam folder per Arnie's suggestion, well lo and behold, there they are! So I made sure to flag them as non-junk mail and I get them in my Inbox now. :)

I will agree with what another member was saying regarding the higher number of notifications now. I did seem to be receiving more than ever before.

got another "too many connections" response and could get in for the better part of the day? Is that going to be the norm from now on?

Nope I've left this one to the techs at the hosting firm. For some reason we're getting errors on the DB service. I believe that it's a software setup issue.

I have increased and tweaked our mysql settings to cover a heap more connections (it was set to 256, it's now at 900).

For some reason mysql was breeching the max_connections limit and just going deader than a dead thing.

Remember that I've ported all the site data and database and we've had to write the new configuration for the new server from scratch. As it's a 4 CPU box there's a lot that has had to have been made up and guessed at.

I'm leaving the settings as is to see how well things work for 24-48hrs as is. Might be fixed.. might be not. It's a suck it and see thing.

For some reason mysql was breeching the max_connections limit and just going deader than a dead thing.

lol wow, loving that analogy right there. Hopefully this will get everything fixed up all nice & well now that the forum is running at a bajillion times normal speed.

I could have said "deader than a dead thing on national deadness appreciation day".

Anyway.. back on topic.. Currently watching over database server at the moment monitoring any errors that might pop up to see if I can see the route of the issue.

The server is running around 33 queries a second at the moment and easily handling that. Here's hoping.

I had the same. But shouldn't have been here any way got way to much work to do. Always look on the bright side. Never thought I would say that about arnies being down.

Was getting the Too many connections message all day. Thought it was the new box not being updated to have the more connections but that's apparently be dealt with.

Experienced another Arnies blackout today during the exact same time period as yesterday, around 10-11 in the morning until around 5-6 this evening I was unable to access any part of the site, that is neither the forums or the main site.

Any ideas?

The server is up while I'm around at my laptop or desktop to monitor it...

Update in form the techs saying that they are still looking into it.

An update before I get my required 5-6 hours sleep tonight, techs have been working on things, services were disabled and reenabled while they worked on it. I've not got a report back from them yet, however services came back up as they should have and currently all is working. How long it'll last, well dunno on that one.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and the use of session cookies.