Need help for short film project

ColDaz

Hi,

I've been dragged into helping a film student make a 45 minute long film about something or other.

He needed a couple of people in British desert uniform and at least one guy as a US soldier in a flashback scene.

The brits are easy for me to do as I can just lend my issue stuff and they can buy whatever else they need from eBay for a few chips. I can get the brit soldiers accurate too as it happens to be my job.

The guy who he wants as an American has me a bit stumped though.

I figure that a reasonably accurate loadout would be as follows, all from Flecktarn:

- 'US Army ACU Combination' for £70 (includes helmet, shirt, trousers and CB MOLLE MLE Harness)

- Bulle ACU Digital MICH Helmet Cover £5

- Bulle MOLLE Canteen Pouch with US Issue Water Bottle £15

- Bulle MOLLE Ambidextrous Pistol Holster (Tan) £17

- Bulle MOLLE Double Pistol Magazine Pouch (Tan) £10

- Bulle MOLLE B Type Double Magazine Pouch (Tan) x2 £27

- US Flag Patch Forward Tan £1.50

- US Subdued Rank Insignia (2LT) £7.50

- US Subdued Service Branch Pins (Infantry) £7.50

- Bulle Olive Nomex Flight Gloves (Large) £14

Boots will probably just be brit issue desert ones.

I have an ICS M4A1, various pistols and I think we are getting springer L85A1s for props, so I just want to know if this will be reasonably accurate a representation to be honest.

Thanks,

Darren

Generic US Army would be ACU's (obviously) MICH with ACU cover, ACU Interceptor with ACU pouches.

As for patches and insignia, Patches should be in foliage green with ACU's. There are tons of options for unit patches. Rank is usually worn in the center of the interceptor.

Just head over to www.militaryphotos.net or www.gettyimages.com and take a look around there as they have many pictures of real US Army soldiers and can give you the best idea of what is correct

Cool, thats great thanks.

Cheers for the help.

EDIT: I don't mean to sound stupid and I will search, but incase I don't come up with anything, what's a MICH?

Found an Interceptor vest for a decent price though!

Ok, cool.

Think I have all I need now.

Lance Jackass: Cheers mate.

I have my issue belt order and my own assault vest and a few guys in my section are letting me use their kit for the so-called actors, but if we need any more, I'll give you a bell.

EDIT: Due to extreme rapage on the budget it's gone from 'reasonably accurate impression' to 'you're not having that much money on a 5 minute scene' so the new webbing will have to cost a lot less than originally I wanted.

What do you think of choice A and B below? I'm leaning towards the belt order myself, but you did suggest an Interceptor vest.

VEST:

ACUA1.jpg

ACUA2.jpg

ACUA3.jpg

BELT ORDER:

ACUB1.jpg

ACUB2.jpg

ACUB3.jpg

It wouldn't be all that uncommon for real soldiers to wear item B over an interceptor, so that things like mags and other misc items stored in pockets can be dropped while still keeping the actual Interceptor body armor on, but since you have a budget cut I would say get the interceptor since you really don't see too many soldiers without their armor on these days

Archived