Force Recon

Devilpupone

I am going for a Force Recon loadout. I am looking at a MOLLE rig of some sort. So far the ones I am looking at are some blackhawk gear and this gear called OE Tech. I hear that blackhawk isn't the best but it will hold up. I don't exactly have the money for an eagle plate carrier as much as I want one. So, which would be a better choice? Thanks.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They're both normal.

Greenside=Sneaky sneaky in the woods.

Blackside=Let's go kick some *albatross*.

More specifically, Greenside is intended to be lightweight, mobile, and easy to conceal. Blackside is more about strapping as much armor and ammo as you can.

Eagle CIRAS, LAND version. The real ones cost about 400-500 depending where you get them. You can get the Phantom and other brand replicas for cheaper. I'm pretty sure they come with pouches and go for about 200 bucks. Check eBay. Some of the overseas airsoft sites might carry them but for some reason recently they disappeared.

Also, www.1337tactical.com has a lot of phantom stuff, and its based in North America. I'm pretty sure they have the Phantom replica.

Eagle CIRAS, LAND version. The real ones cost about 400-500 depending where you get them. You can get the Phantom and other brand replicas for cheaper. I'm pretty sure they come with pouches and go for about 200 bucks.

I don't exactly have the money for an eagle plate carrier as much as I want one.

If he doesn't have the money for a 150 dollar plate carrier, what makes you think he would have the money for a 200 dollar CIRAS?

For Force Recon-style doorkicking, which is what you're after, they mostly seem to be seen using either:

Eagle Industries CIRAS Maritime

Eagle Industries Rhodesian Recon Vest w/ Back Panel

- OVER PACA Soft Armour Carrier

The two vests are issued in Coyote Brown, and the PACA carrier is in Tan.

Based on your budget, your best bet is probably to find a second-hand or replica Rhodesian Recon Vest (RRV), and ignore the PACA for now. In the future, grab a replica PACA (Redwolf began selling one a month or so ago) and adjusty your RRV to sit over the top of it.

Wear all this over either MARPATs or an issue nomex flightsuit (check eBay) and you have the beginnings of a decent FR loadout. Extras you'll want are things like a Safariland 6004 holster (very expensive, but they ALL seem to be issued these now) containing a Colt 1911 or variant, a MICH helmet, desert boots, that sort of thing. Take a look at a few photos (they're not hard to come by).

For now though, stick to your budget and go hunting for an RRV, then see what you can spare. :)

Do Force Rdcon operators ever use BHI CRCH's over PACA's? Or is that SEAL's I'm thinking of?

The CRCH is BHI's copy of the RRV. If you can't find a second-hand RRV and don't want to go the replica option, a CRCH would be fine. Just make sure you get it in Coyote Brown. ;)

An excellent reference pic:

adl.sized.jpg

If you want help calling out a specific piece of gear, just ask. :)

Oh yeah, about replica CIRASs - they're gone. Or at least, they legally should be. Eagle started taking big-time legal action, and they're no longer (legally) in sale or production. So your chance of getting one is probably pretty low now.

What? FSBE fall out of style?

Guarder makes a nice FSBE replica for about $80.

FSBE is the old-skool stuff that's basically been phased out and replaced by the new CB Eagle stuff. Depends what era you base your impression off.

As for finding CB stuff, I'm not sure. If you have the money for the real thing, Triad Tactical sell Eagle gear in CB. You don't come across it much, though. You could try eBay, as well. I'd imagine you can get replica ones in CB, but I'm not sure how accurate the colour will be (CB tends to vary a lot, even between real-steel manufacturers).

BHI do both the CRCH and back panel in 'Coyote Tan', but I'm not sure how that compares.

Yeah, it'll be fine. Get one in 'Camel Tan' and, if you can afford it, the rear plate panel.

Then, when you have the cash, get a PACA to put underneath it.

Sorted. :)

Oh, and for 'greenside' use, you can run it on its own - I've seen and heard of a load of FR guys using the RRV/CRCH on its own over MARPAT in woodland environments when loadouts need to be lighter. :)

Force Recon seem to use more M4s than anything else. Think an M4A1 with a RIS/RAS, vertical foregrip, 6-position stock, rail covers and something like an Aimpoint or an ACOG. EOTechs don't seem quite as popular - lord knows why.

I'd start with 'greenside' and move up to a MOUT set-up, yeah. The only differences are that MOUT guys are now forced to wear Nomex flightsuits when on ops due to the flash protection that it gives, and MOUT loadouts usually have more armour, more ammo and a sidearm (assuming you don't carry one in greenside).

For a greenside FR set-up, you could definately get away with the following and still pull off a pretty realistic impression:

- Temperate MARPATs

- Temperate MARPAT Boonie Hat

- Either Goretex-lined desert boots, or a pair of the older OD canvas-sided jungle boots

- RRV/CRCH in CB

- M4 with either no optics, or an ACOG

Add a bunch of details (like camo paint on all your exposed skin) and it'd look pretty good. I'll try to find the photos I have of FR guys in the jungle from a couple of years back. :)

You're most welcome. :)

If you want any more help, I recommend you (shameless plug inbound) register on my SNAFU forums (click my sig image and then enter forums) and ask on there (you're welcome to register and post, of course). We have 3 or 4 guys who've done, or are doing FR loadouts. You should get plenty of information on there. :)

Archived