Force Recon

Devilpupone

would it be ok for a greenside loadout just to wear an RRV with no PACA?

i am also starting a force recon loadout and at the moment i have an eagle industries molle RRV on order and i should be getting some marpat soon so if there are no objections and this thread is still going i will post a picture of me and what i have as i also need some advice, or i might just do that in the force recon picture thread either way.

Yeah man, for sure. I have a buddy who trained with Marines not long back and what was pretty much standard for them, in training at least. Temperate MARPAT, CB RRV (possibly with back plate), and mostly boonies and caps for headgear if I remember correctly.

Um I was in Marine Corps Security Forces and I was issued a FSBE, there were more units than FR issued FSBEs. Oh and they use Ciras Maritime kits most of the time by the way, we got rid of most of the land versions cause the flap in the front is a pain in the butt.

Yes, FR and MARSOC are using MARSOC 1911s, thats pretty well known. And yes, they are built at Quantico generally on Colt or Kimber frames.

As far as the holster discussion, guys use whatever they want. I have seen Recon units out here in Iraq with 6004s and the more common SERPAs. We have a lot more SERPAs in the supply system so you end up with those, you will also notice that a lot of guys use old school cavalry shoulder holsters and thats not limited to FR, but service wide.

Very good info dude, thanks :)

That puts an end to "OMFG FR ONLY USE LAND CIRASSSSSS LOL" anyway. ;)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Um I was in Marine Corps Security Forces and I was issued a FSBE, there were more units than FR issued FSBEs. Oh and they use Ciras Maritime kits most of the time by the way, we got rid of most of the land versions cause the flap in the front is a pain in the butt.

That's interesting. Was this done on Uncle Sams money or were individual marines having to shell out.

Does the new directive about PPE affect this?

That's interesting.  Was this done on Uncle Sams money or were individual marines having to shell out.

Does the new directive about PPE affect this?

No it was issued gear from the Marine Corps. The new MARADMIN has more to do with Dragonskin, they don't want people using it. On the headgear question FR uses MICH helmets in place of the standard issue Kevlar. All units are upgrading to the ballistic padding inside helmets rather than the old netting. For normal combat MICH helmets are the norm. For actual patrols and such where you don't wear ballistic armor you would wear a boonie cover, maybe a 5 point garrison cover depending on your unit's preferences. A lot of old school Marines prefer the garrison cover over the boonie in everything, but some opt for the boonie cover more often. I would get a replica MICH, boonie, and garrison. You will be ok with those.

I'd go with a CB Eagle RRV, possibly with back plate, over Temperate MARPAT. I'm not sure if they'd run a PACA under there but it's a possibility.

Headgear is most likely either a boonie hat or a MICH.

I have a friend with the Navy who trained with a few USMC FR guys in greenside stuff a few months before his current deployment, and that's the sort of stuff he reported being used.

These are a little older but same sort of thing - note the transition between CB and OD gear, and between US Woodland and MARPAT in a lot of the pics.

10ki7.jpg

030439482031547javubmph5wz.jpg

122027482031241lnlefwph8bm.jpg

26tx3.jpg

4~0.jpg

322961482032981kdnrruph1me.jpg

312545482032909ahvefiph2vo.jpg

721158482030943znljnwph8xw.jpg

797413482031859vgaocgph6qj.jpg

I see that some of the guys still prefer the traditional Alice Y-harnesses for accessibility/function.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it ;)

Actually, while I find molle to be easier to use (easier to open up pouches and switch mags), I still use an ALICE rig. hm...

yeah, im no force recon, but... we almost always use acogs or eotechs, never or near never any aimpoints. as far as vests, well, we usually use interceptor otvs. but again, im no force recon.

coyote brown is not the only authorized color, ive seen some khaki (close) and dark earth on other units. woodland is still out there too. we only have coyote.

also, while recon uses MOSTLY m4s, the rest of us use m16a4 mws's. a good combo would be an m16a4 or m4a1, ras, anpeq2, surefire m900a or just a regular old vertical grip, buis, optic... alot of us are getting 203s. buttstock mag pouches are common too. alot of marines are removing the carry handle from their rifle/carbine and putting on one of the side rails for transport, and a backup if all alse fails. if you go with an acog, get the ta31 rco or the one with the backup reflex (the name escapes me). i know that g&p makes nice ones of these, and hurricane makes a great etech. i have never once seen an aimpoint out here aside from army units, but there are some nice replicas out there

good luck with your loadout. im working on my airsoft one now, USMC grenadier fireteam leader. interceptor otv, pouches, a4/203 etc

hope some of that helped

Semper Fidelis

-Joe

That look like MEUSOC to me, love marks and all. Besides, half those things are built on Colt frames, so you couldn't really tell anyhow

The grips of the one that I'm looking at appear to have come off of a recent, commercial model Colt 1911.

No it was issued gear from the Marine Corps. The new MARADMIN has more to do with Dragonskin, they don't want people using it. On the headgear question FR uses MICH helmets in place of the standard issue Kevlar. All units are upgrading to the ballistic padding inside helmets rather than the old netting. For normal combat MICH helmets are the norm. For actual patrols and such where you don't wear ballistic armor you would wear a boonie cover, maybe a 5 point garrison cover depending on your unit's preferences. A lot of old school Marines prefer the garrison cover over the boonie in everything, but some opt for the boonie cover more often. I would get a replica MICH, boonie, and garrison. You will be ok with those.

Uh... wow. Please forgive my rudeness, but I guess you weren't issued fingers, because the garrison cover has eight (8) points, not five.

Archived