The rep system has been flushed and for the moment is only there for sales feedback. At present the addon is likely not to be added back for the next forum software upgrade.

Database was locked out for 4 mins while I ran the query to flush the rep settings to zero, plus to sync and fix the database key that was corrupt (copied it like that from the old box).

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The rep system has been flushed and for the moment is only there for sales feedback. At present the addon is likely not to be added back for the next forum software upgrade.

Database was locked out for 4 mins while I ran the query to flush the rep settings to zero, plus to sync and fix the database key that was corrupt (copied it like that from the old box).

Are you saying I wasted 30 seconds of my life giving a rep point earlier! :P

Glad to see the back of it :)

Oh well, now we're gonna have to judge peoples' rank in the forum hierarchy by post count rather than post count : rep point ratio like before.

Better get posting, guys.

True that and at 30 points already viper is in the top ten for a free vacation from Arnies!

I thought the point of warn points was that other people aren't supposed to know how many you have?

Edited by Lithium Jack

Maybe I should have added a " :) "

I was trying to be ironic, sorry

Edit: But my point rests that people will always judge other people based on something, and if it's not rep points then the next thing I notice is post count.

Edited by Lithium Jack

Post count just proves you have nothing better to do...(and, no, I don't exclude myself from that...)

Glad to see the back of the Rep system, it was a pointless waste of time as it stood.

Cheers.

Edited by snowman

Ding dong the waste of forum overhead is dead.

As you probably all know from my previously stated view of the reputation system as it was being used, I'm glad to see the back of it. Hopefully now that its use is restricted to the sales system we can see it used for something more meaningful than childish retaliation against those who immature members don't agree with, and the most bizarre popularity contest ever (I'm popular with total strangers. Woo.).

As has already been said, in its previous form it truly was just meaningless numbers on the intarwebz. I think a big thanks is due to Arnie for restricting its use back to its previous form.