• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ultimatly its gone. arnie has decided and lo it shall be engraved as the 11th comandment. THOU SHALT NOT REP.

personaly i dont care either way fro the rep, it was here now it aint. its an online forum where people talk about dressing up as soldiers and running around woth toy guns and a part has beien removed.

I can see how it would be quite annoying for the people that had a high rep for legitimate reasons that have now been bought back to zero. I know the system was abused but for the ones that actually used it properly and had a reputation based on being a good seller now appear to just be the same as everyone else on here. Including the ones that were in the minus reps. :(

Judging by how long someone has been here isn't a good system. Look at Jag and Stealth, who have both been here for not much more than 8 months and are both highly regarded members. Drsp00n3 joined a long time before they did, and became widely known as one of the most hated members of this forum when he started posting again (until he cleaned up his act). As much as I may be dinged for this, post count is probably the best way to judge now that the rep system is gone. 9 out of 10 times someone with a considerably higher post count will be a more respected and more highly regarded member than the person with less. It's more just a matter of knowing who's who.

Now that the rep system is gone, can get some kind of formal system to petition the ban of select users?

To answer bluntly: no. Such a system would be open to abuse and subject to the same popularity contests as the rep system, with many jumping on the bandwagon because of a single person's grievance with a member.

Ultimately the decision to suspend or ban rests with Arnie and the moderating staff for that reason. We may not always make popular decisions, but we generally make fair ones.

Should you find someone behaving in an inexcusable fashion please use the report system so that we can be made aware of a problem. This really is already a method of petitioning for the ban of particular users, as if we hear enough complaints from different members about an individual we'll definitely put that member and their actions under scrutiny.

Hahaha you guys rock! No more rep system! It's like the golden days of Arnies are back (if there ever were any)

NOOOO!!!! All that time making all those pithy comments to get random strangers to give me a pixel teachers stars - wasted! ;-p

*ahem*

errr - okay, some good and some bad from the removal but I guess thats the way it goes. We shall simply have to use post count to judge the size of our cyber-wangs from here on in ;-)

I'm going to need the A-Team van, a fridge full of Coke, a pole for naked ladies to dance round, some naked ladies and some Starfleet uniforms.

:zorro:

Got everything but the pole.

Do you think I could just chrome-plate my penis? Naked ladies dance around it all the time anyway.

Wow, some bad air in here. Is everyone just using this as an excuse to vent their real feelings without the fear of being neg repped? :lol:

I always thought that the pros of the excellent humour of Arnie's was held in the rep system, but there was always the bad side with all the animosity etc...

Never mind. People will probably just stop visiting now as repping was a way of passing time :lol:

Eesh.

I wonder if we'll see an increase in forum-muppetness?

I did quite like the rep system, you could read through someones rep points and form your own opinion of them. I never have bought much 2nd hand stuff but I'd always check the rep points and post count of someone before even considering to buy - didn't matter if the rep points weren't for sales, they gave a quick insight into the persons character: you didn't have to try and remember everyone's name (which I'm so bad at doing - I find it easier to remember the avatars but then all you b****ers keep changing it every so often :P:D).

Also I always enjoyed reading the -1s people gave out :D

Meh, oh well gone now. Still gald to see improvements overall happening.