• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good riddance!

Neat idea, and potentially useful for things like sales, but far too open to abuse in the general forums. Especially in the hands of fervent fan boys that are incapabe of maturely debating the quality and/or shortcomings of products made by [insert company name].

Edited by (V)atrix
This is a bad-bad news for the good guys, reputable traders with high rep.

Yeah, it WOULD'VE been, if thats what it was used for......................... Instead its used for degrading certain people, and making this site its own social class. Haha Sledge with no rep points, whats next, the apocolypse?

Don't worry, Gir, we'll be able to degrade you without the rep system.

:zorro:

*my new wall paper*

Yeah, is the 50 post rep limit thing still in place? It seems like it should be gone, now that there's no real way to abuse the rep system. Like I sold a couple things to a few guys who use the forums only for sales, but they couldn't give me rep, because of the 50 post count thing...

my reps, my beautiful reps :fear:

its a shame we couldnt keep the ones we got from sales, but then how many years would it have taken for the mods to sift through everyones feedback so i understand why it was all dumped.

Maybe I should have added a " :) "

I was trying to be ironic, sorry

Edit: But my point rests that people will always judge other people based on something, and if it's not rep points then the next thing I notice is post count.

But a lot of Arnies greatest b.s. artists have huge numbers of posts.

Some of the most unhelpful, stupid rubbish I've read on this forum has been from CS-kiddies who must spend all day chairsofting

and slagging off skirmishing noobs for asking genuine questions.

Like the infamous SEARCH NOOB!!! posts (which deserved a name-and-shame jerk points system all of its own), despite the fact that

searching only ever gives me 8 million pages on totally unrelated subjects :huh:

And now me and Hauk can't exchange +1's for our budding HK collections :P

And Sledge can't get buttered up by noobs either :D

Though Candyman should still have Legend status somehow...maybe some sort of fancy custom font or something only he can use :)

• 4 months later...
Hopefully now that its use is restricted to the sales system we can see it used for something more meaningful than childish retaliation against those who immature members don't agree with, and the most bizarre popularity contest ever (I'm popular with total strangers. Woo.).

Well put. Perfectly put.

In it's place, it would be nice if posts/threads can be rated on a one to five star rating. This is displayed in vB once a thread gets at least fifteen or so votes, and then you can see a few in the topic list that have stars showing their voted rating.

Hopefully now that its use is restricted to the sales system we can see it used for something more meaningful than childish retaliation against those who immature members don't agree with, and the most bizarre popularity contest ever (I'm popular with total strangers. Woo.).

+1000000000000

truer words has never been spoken