ESS Goggles...

tr1gg3r_h4ppy

Hey guys,

I have been with the same pair of JT Paintball goggles for over a year, and I think its time for a breakup.

The lenses are scratched to hell and back, the lens seems to have gathered a layer of perma-dust, and it is nearly impossible to look anywhere near the vicinity of the sun.

I recently discovered ESS Goggles, which seem to be high quality and dependable.

But, there is one thing that is stopping me from ordering these beauts, the selection...

Yes, the selection, I'm not sure which line would be the best for me.

I'm looking for a (possible) lifetime fit, and the goggles need to fit the following criteria.

-Durable

-Comfortable (and Light)

-Affordable

-Will fit under a PASGT helmet.

Please if you have had experience with ESS Goggles please help me out.

Thanks, :D

Brett

Thank you guys for all the tips,

But I think I've narrowed it down to

http://www.safetyglassesusa.com/essgoggles...am-goggles.html

(Need a Model tho =])

http://www.safetyglassesusa.com/essgoggles...-xt-goggle.html

(Not sure if will fit under PASGT comfortably)

Any advice on these models?

I've never really heard reports about those being used for airsofting. I would assume they were same, but I would test them when i get them...

Is there a reason you aren't considering the Profile NVGs?

For $30 (incl. shiipping) I just picked up a brand new pair of ESS NVG Profiles on eBay, and they're made to fit under a helmet. They're lightweight, comfortable, have antifog treated lenses and come with the speed sleeve. They retail for around $85. I've also seen the Turbo Fans for around $75 - $85, though they're the earlier versions.

Although it seems as though you may already have made your mind up, I will just add that ESS ICE's are pretty nice glasses. I just picked up a pair and they are durable, comfortable, light , pretty affordable and I'm guessing will probably fit under a PASGT helmet, although I wont say for definate as I've not had any experience with a PASGT helmet, but they are pretty low profile so I honestly cant see why they wouldn't fit under any helmet. Damn nice glasses too. ^_^

Personally I hate my Profile NVGs.

They dont so much as fog up but whatever the coating is sort of partially crystalises which distorts vision and gives a rainbow effect.

I also cant get on with the seal, it digs in my face something chronic and if I had the thing any looser itd fall off when I run.

Will stick to my ESS Shooting glasses. Oh the other thing was trying to work out which of the 2 perscriptive inserts I would need gave me a headache.. turns out either would do as my eyes aren't overly bad (evident as I can play without them just would have been nice)

Personally I hate my Profile NVGs.

They dont so much as fog up but whatever the coating is sort of partially crystalises which distorts vision and gives a rainbow effect.

I also cant get on with the seal, it digs in my face something chronic and if I had the thing any looser itd fall off when I run.

Will stick to my ESS Shooting glasses.  Oh the other thing was trying to work out which of the 2 perscriptive inserts I would need gave me a headache.. turns out either would do as my eyes aren't overly bad (evident as I can play without them just would have been nice)

OH GOD!, I hate the "rainbow" effect, its the worst. That is why I'm considering switching...

So anyone have anything about the Striketeams?

Fwiw, you can pick up FlakJak Razorbacks on eBay for $16.49 + $7.50 shipping. Similar to ESS Profile NVG's but with moisture wicking foam on the face seal instead of just rubber. They come with a clear and dark Mil. ballistic spec and ANSI Z87.1 lenses. Just search for flakjak goggles. There's 11 still available at this price.

Archived