Forum software upgrade

I'm booking a complete software upgrade for the forums to take us to the latest version of the software.

Sadly this will result in the loss of and customizations that we've added to the forums themselves and the forum skin, but that is not a real loss (see below).

DATA, GALLERY, AND POSTS ETC. WILL NOT BE LOST

I'm not planning on adding mods back as a lot of the tweaks are now out of date or already incorporated in the new software, and I'll update and create a new skin for the site as soon as I can post install.

Mods that we'll loose (that I know about and can remember):

-spellcheck function in the post creation area

-membermap (the old one at the top)

-rep system (already cleaned up)

Blogs and gallery will go to the latest version. The automated reviews system and classifieds setup should continue to work (as far as I know) but they too are overdue for an update anyway.

As I've mentioned on the news pages and on here for some reason the new box is throwing a wobbly at the mysql. It seems to hate the table for forum posts. We don't know why if it's the cause or if it is a symptom. Techs are dealing with it and they are being fed useful information and generally poked to look into it with some urgency.

To rule out any possible issues I'm getting a complete update of the forum software done - it's been long overdue anyway.

Have your server hosts tried creating a new copy of the posts table (with the same structure) and then doing an INSERT...SELECT query? If the server seems to hate the posts table, I'd put money on it being that the files are corrupted somehow that the repair function can't fix.

Creating a new table like that will probably sort it out if that's the case. Good luck anyway.

The files have been repaired a few times and double checked, mysql repairs and myisamchk run again. If there's still issues I'll probably create a copy and manaully extract the data then put it all into a new table file and replace the old one.. see if that sorts it.

For the moment the issue is left with the guys at the datacentre, they have vastly more experience and are paid to do it :)

Best to keep mysql stuff and issues about that on the relevant thread though: http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...howtopic=105030

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and the use of session cookies.