Glock 18 Green gas upgrades + Maruzen P99 Film ed.

Grumman

Ok, now I want to upgrade my Glock 18c to take green gas, and basically just want a metal slide and surpressor. My question is, what exactly do I need to do this and how much is it likely to cost? Can anyone recommend any websites where I can buy the parts, preferably all together.

However I came across this slide. Seems cheaper than any other UK store...

http://www.actionhobbys.co.uk/Glock-18C-G1...rrel_A5FQB.aspx

Am I right in thinking that I need a new slide, upgraded springs and high flow valves for the magazines? is it possible to just buy a metal slide without the barrel?

Threaded barrel.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Guarder-G17-G18C-STEEL...bayphotohosting

Also, what are peoples views on the Maruzen P99 Film edition? Which comes with a surpressor (or silencer because it's a Bond gun :P) and tac light. It's going for pretty cheap most places I've checked.

Well the movie prop edition is a nice novelty item, takes green well (for now I guess) the kick on green is quite satisfying but on 134a the performance drops siginificantly, sounds and feels like your shooting a blowfish or something, not very impressive at all. The silencer does reduce the sound a little bit, on green its still loud so the silencer does nothing for you really but on 134a it might be worth keeping on if you want to be quiet.

That is a really cheap slide. (quality) Honestly, I'd save for a G&G or something better, since that slide isn't much stronger than the stock plastic one. For everything, if you're willing to shop abroad (good choice, IMO) shop at wgc, good prices, better selection. As for the suppressor, I can't help you out too much (don't own one) but lighter is always better for a GBB. The barrel on glocks tilt during recoil, and a heavy suppressor will stop this tilt, effectively slowing or eliminating the cycling all together. A heavier barrel will help this tilting action.

-Sh0ty

Archived