Army SF & SOF Pics

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea paradigmsk8er is right on that, the USP tactical has everything the ARMY wanted for a new tactical .45....thats not a 1911. 1911's made by Wilson Combat, Springfield, and kimber are all applicable too for a SF's sidearm

Edited by trfo2o
I can tell you positively 100% that at least 1/10 SFG uses (or used) USP tacticals. if youd like info, PM me. otherwise im not sharing. but you can trust me on this.

Uh why not share? Please, I'm sure 99% of the people that read this thread are interested. If it's a PERSEC thing or something I can understand, but I doubt it.

Go with a Safariland 6004 since that's pretty much the standard holster a SF team is going to have.

If you want to know where I got my information, PM me. It's not PERSEC so much as Army Policy against posting on open information sources (such as internet forums).

Hiya all. I'm starting to work on a woodland ODA outfit,

been searching around different forums, but I haven't found quite

what I'm looking for yet, so maybe you guys can help me out.

I want to do a contemporary SFG impression for woodland operations, more DA than SR.

Questions:

1. Browsing through the Philippines '07 pictures I'm having a hard time seeing if

the guys are wearing CB or KHAKI carriers, would a CB RRV be suitable for a

'07 ODA impression? Are Army SF issued a certain colour or carrier?

sf2st6.jpg

2. Is the so-called "half-head helmet"/MICH2001 used nowadays?

I'm having a hard time finding pictures of it (have one already and prefer to use it).

US%20Army%20SF-6.jpg

Regarding coms I'm going for Supreme Pro's or possibly TASC-replicas.

Holster-wise I'm going for the 6004 and for feet something like Merrells or tan boots.

Would appreciate any suggestions to get this impression accurate.

Thanks / Nordstrom.

I honestly don't know about your first question so I can't answer it. As for the second, the 'half-head' helmet is not jump rated by the Army, so SF teams don't use it. However, I do know some individuals that bought their own and use them except for airborne operations.

BTW, that helmet is jump rated for the Navy and SEALs use it all the time.

Thanx for quick reply. I guess the "half-head" option is plausible then, but not what's common.

Anyone else with info on what Second line ODA's are issued, and which color? Seems that there is alot of blending with pouches in different colors etc, if you look at the Philippines '07 images.

MLCS is issued in khaki.

SFLCS has components in both khaki and CB. Other colours are likely to be old gear they still use, or private or unit purchases

The half-head helmet is a different helmet from the MICH TC-2001.

The TC-2000 is way more common in ODAs