Army SF & SOF Pics

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to have a PCU, I lost it after wearing it once. Great kit, one suggestion (this is a quote from a Ranger on milphotos)

"SOP on the MICH helmet is its painted Rustoleum 1917 khaki with bunny ears velcroed on the back, and two strips of 3x2 black velcro on the top and rear for IR tags. Alot of us have the new diamond shaped NODs mounts now too. You want a piece of 550 cord going through the top as a tie-down."

_MARS,Jul 20 2007, 12:41 PM]I used to have a PCU, I lost it after wearing it once.  Great kit, one suggestion (this is a quote from a Ranger on milphotos)

"SOP on the MICH helmet is its painted Rustoleum 1917 khaki with bunny ears velcroed on the back, and two strips of 3x2 black velcro on the top and rear for IR tags. Alot of us have the new diamond shaped NODs mounts now too. You want a piece of 550 cord going through the top as a tie-down."

There is also a whole bunch of stuff (likely the same information) on the wannabe forum.

On a side note, if I would have known Rangers qualified as Army SF/SOF I wouldn't have cluttered up the ACU thread with pictures and questions. Sorry ACU friends among us.

Edited by Sgt. Carter
Yeah, of course it's Multicam!

From looking at the pistol grip and the fact there is no distinct gap between the RAS and upper receiver I can only conclude it is a shorty 416, obviously not 100% mind.

The 416 is definately issued to Delta/SFOD.

I'm 90% sure it's an M4 with FF RAS MRE. The overall dimensions of the gun indicate a 14.5" barrel. Eotech 551 and what looks like either a DBAL or ATPIAL.

Edited by tinkle60

Those MC guys might be US NAVY DEVGRU...as for the Dummy corded PEQ, that is serialized gear and it is a big deal to loose serialized gear. The MARINES in my AO were being forced to ZIP TIE their ACOG's, PEQ

s, etc..to there weapons...so of the mount failed it would not fall off of the weapon.

It looks like a mixture of SF, MFR, and SEALs. Good looking kit none the less. For a more SF look Change the CQBR for a normal length m4, Norotos for a regular MICH mount, the Kimber for a plain jane m9 and carry the pistol on your vest as I've seen this to be a popular option for them.

Edited by dolla billz