Army SF & SOF Pics

it amazes me how many of the sof/sf guys were od vests and pouches with their acu! looks good, looks very good actually. might have to kit up my acu with it - its looking like its the only way to make it look good (unless you wear black with it! lol)

great pics guys, keep em coming

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it amazes me how many of the sof/sf guys were od vests and pouches with their acu! looks good, looks very good actually. might have to kit up my acu with it - its looking like its the only way to make it look good (unless you wear black with it! lol)

great pics guys, keep em coming

Which pics were you refering to when you said "it amazes me how many of the sof/sf guys were od vests and pouches with their acu!" as I can't remember any off the top of my head?

new kit, same old retard.

how does your kit even remotely approach a SF or SOF impression? 

slapping on a 'special forces' tab that you didn't earn doesn't make a SF or SOF impression.  nor does your lame earring either.

dude chill, this is only airsoft afterall.

Which pics were you refering to when you said "it amazes me how many of the sof/sf guys were od vests and pouches with their acu!" as I can't remember any off the top of my head?

well ive counted 6 on the first page alone! might just be their in damn dirty cb stuff but it looks certainly like od to me!

ok, ill be the noob i am and ask whats the difference?

it all looks like od to me! mind you looking around on the wbe (and in sticking in my very modest price bracket) od seems so much easier to find then other colours other then coyote (but i really dont like cb just looks a bit gammon - probably wont work in uk woodland as well)

so guys would i get away with od molle on top of my acu gear for an affordable sf rig in that case?

millest

dude chill, this is only airsoft afterall.

Yes, it is airsoft.

Slapping on patches, insignia, and wearing Berets you didn't earn is highly disrespectful. If I was Special Forces, and saw some kid wearing Special Forces tabs in airsoft. Something that would of cost me my own blood, sweat, and years to earn. I would probably have to hold myself back from beating the *beep* out of him on the spot.

The subject of wearing rank and other patches has been done to death several times in this forum, and has never been resolved. It's one of those things that people simply fail to agree on. As such, it really is a pointless debate, so I suggest you all move on and actually post pictures in what is supposed to be a bloody picture thread before I close it.

The subject of wearing rank and other patches has been done to death several times in this forum, and has never been resolved. It's one of those things that people simply fail to agree on. As such, it really is a pointless debate, so I suggest you all move on and actually post pictures in what is supposed to be a bloody picture thread before I close it.

Going to the patches and badges thing. It shouldn't matter if you wear a tag if you're a kid because everykid wants to "grow up and be like_____". Getting mad at a kid for wearing a special forces tab is like getting mad at a kid for wearing his favorite NFL jersey.

If a grown man does it however, thats a whole new story seeing how grown men shouldn't "want to be like ____". It's the same with the NFL jerseys. why would a grown man wear another man's jersey ( unless you acually know the guy or something like that)....it makes no sense.

so as far as patches go, i don't really care. airsoft is about mimicing REAL military personell. If grown men want to play dress up and get all decked out in gear WITH PATCHES ON...thats a little wierd. but for kids to do it...come on who cares

just putting in my two cents

Good. Grief. People, can you not read? HeuteGegangen, thank you sir. You said what needed to be said. Thread reported...

...again.

Here's an interesting picture I found:

US%20Army%20SF-37.jpg

Edited by 101matt1
I think that might be older than 2004, look at how old the Digital Camera, and the gear used in the picture is. I also, remember seeing this picture way back in the day. Like in 2002.

That's not a digicam, it takes film. I've got one.

Pic is late 01 or early 02. IIRC, it's from a visit that Tommy Franks made to a SF base.

EDIT: That pic is a cropped version of this

FranksWithArmySF.jpg

Edited by pjones