Army SF & SOF Pics

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the MAV acceptable for an accurate SF impression? I'm trying to put one together. If not, what, other than the ELCS, is an acceptable choice?

EDIT: This is a screenshot from the Inside the Special Forces video. How are his magazine pouches attatched? Is it the ALICE webbing on the bottom?

screenshot.jpg

Edited by Carter

IIRC some of the guys have added vertical PALS webbing to their BA. Same way as G&P has added it to theirs. The guy in the pic I believe is using MAV or some similar chest rig.

E: So yes I think that MAV is acceptable.

Edited by mrk
Is the MAV acceptable for an accurate SF impression? I'm trying to put one together. If not, what, other than the ELCS, is an acceptable choice?

EDIT: This is a screenshot from the Inside the Special Forces video. How are his magazine pouches attatched? Is it the ALICE webbing on the bottom?

Here is a pic of a SF guy wearing a MAV:

http://media.militaryphotos.net/photos/shrek/aqp

That pic was found in this Album:

http://media.militaryphotos.net/photos/shrek?page=1

In the 2007 National Geographic Inside The Green Berets, I noticed one SF operator with a tan 2-piece MAV with Modular X-hanress over a TT plate carrier.

The Safariland ELCS would be correct as well.

Regarding that BALCS armor modification...Right now, I dought that they added horizontal PALS to the front of the BALCS vest. I have never seen a picture where that has clearly been displayed, and I am strongly convinced that the modification wouldnt be possible.

In that picture, that SF operator probably just used the ALICE-style attachment pionts at the bottom of the BALCS vest.

Thanks a bunch, Kinnaird. I'm basically going through all chest rigs I can think of that I like.

My choices have pretty much been limited to:

1. Eagle Universal Chest Rig in OD(SKD or normal version, haven't decided)

2. TT MAV in OD

3. RACK in WC with bib folded

Kinnaird, I've seen photos of some SPEAR vests that had a horizontal PALs mod done to them by a couple of SF riggers. Also, if you watch the documentary posted a couple pages back, some of those guys pouches sit way to high on their SPEAR to be attached to the bottom ALICE points, and there are no extra straps visable for a chest rig.

I am the only one in the Pictures wearing ELCS - here are some more Pictures:

ostern08_81.JPG

ostern08_91.JPG

ostern08_101.JPG

And for the Spear-Vests - one of my teammates got an original Spear BA on ebay where on the lower half the pre-owner installed velcro for fixing ammo-pouches. Looks like it could have been done by SF-Guys...

yea, I was curious because I think I heard people saying its hard to the SPEAR-vests replica and real deal..but G&P website has them still, for sale, atleast you can add one to you cart I havnt gone through with buying one yet.

Also, I'm assuming the FSBE was never used by the Army?

Edited by MarineDEP
yea, I was curious because I think I heard people saying its hard to the SPEAR-vests replica and real deal..but G&P website has them still, for sale, atleast you can add one to you cart I havnt gone through with buying one yet.

Also, I'm assuming the FSBE was never used by the Army?

No, never by the Army. I believe it was and still is only used by Recon

This is my DA load out for a greener climate than the sandbox.

Woodland BDU’s with Woodland Boonie

Woodland SPEAR BALCS replica

Woodland SDS RACK with:

~Medic pouch

~5x Double Mag pouches

~2x .45 Pistol pouches for my first line

~Sabre Radio pouch (closer to the size of my radio than a MBITR is)

All pouches are in woodland from SDS.

Now, I have no idea on gloves or comms. I’m using a Cobra radio with throat mic currently, which I know is wrong. Also, first line. I am assuming a surplus pistol belt I bought still works, but what about dump pouches? Same question for holsters. I don’t really want a Safariland/SERPA so what cloth holsters are used? While I know direct action would dictate a MICH, I hate helmets, so it will take a lot to convince me to swap out the boonie.

I am the only one in the Pictures wearing ELCS - here are some more Pictures:

And for the Spear-Vests - one of my teammates got an original Spear BA on ebay where on the lower half the pre-owner installed velcro for fixing ammo-pouches. Looks like it could have been done by SF-Guys...

Awesome pictures! They could have been easily mistaken as something from National Geographic. Got anymore pictures from that day?

Beautiful pics !! :)

and now something completly different...

SOF civilian oldie's

skyflash, looks like CAG from the 80s :P

Edited by Souske

Thank you, unfortunately not many more Pictures that have been worked over yet, here are some:

aaa.JPG

ostern08_71.JPG

ostern08_2cln.jpg

ostern08_59gn.jpg

And sorry 4 this one, but in some way I like it - I sometimes post it when there is unjustified negative feedback without any knowledge:

No offense to you :D

ussfastan1.JPG