Army SF & SOF Pics

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

reaper, that tan armor carrier is a DCU BALCS.

If you are talking about the 2007 Nat Geo documentary, That one guy has a tan TT plate carrier, over a black soft armor carrier (not sure of the model, or manufacturer).

If it is any interest to anyone what is on the MAV, I spotted (on the left half, from the perspective of the wearer, moving inwards to the center) a tan TT 3- mag pouch, tan TT large radio pouch for a MBITR. On the right half (from the perspective of the wearer, moving outwards away from the center) another tan TT large radio pouch (for a second MBITR), two tan TT single mag shingles, on the shingles a DCU Paraclete GP pouch (either a upright or small one) and what appeared to be a tan TT GP/medic pouch.

On the left half, Im not sure what is beyond the TT 3 mag pouch.

Can someone confirm me that the SF operator are still using 1911 (2008) ? Because I can't find a pics showing it ?

Here is a pic of a U.S. Army CAG operator (from a few years ago) with what appears to be a custom 1911 of some sorts.

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll260/J...pg?t=1228173512

SF, as in ODAs do not use 1911s (maybe with a VERY small number of exceptions, but if you are doing an impression, get a M9). Some CAG operators use them here and there.

That's not correct at all. 5th group was using 1911s in A Stan all the way back in 2002, and I've read from a very reliable source that Para Ord has been working closely with a couple SFGs as well. SF's also been seen downrange with Glocks, as have other elements of the US Army.

Edited by HeuteGegangen
That's not correct at all. 5th group was using 1911s in A Stan all the way back in 2002, and I've read from a very reliable source that Para Ord has been working closely with a couple SFGs as well. SF's also been seen downrange with Glocks, as have other elements of the US Army.

I have seen a somewhat recent pic or a SF guy with a Glock, that I can agree with you on. Do you have any pics of 5th group with 1911s? I have seen a bunch of pics of SF guys during that time period with M9s, and yet to see one with a 1911.

Dont concern yourself with Asymetric group they arent what you guys should be trying to model yourself after. As far as what is and what isnt being used, you cant narrow it down to pictures and what you have seen over seas. As those of us in the army know units have budgets and what they do with that budget is up to their chain of command. So stop saying people use this and people use that cause the truth is because you have seen it doesnt make it the norm. For those of you tryiing to do a loadout, why dont you use generic items you know are issued and leave it at that because when you try to get as detailed as your trying to be there are many snags that you will run into the army is a big place, groups are a big place as well and what each battalion do doesnt mean the others follow the same path.

Here is a pic of a U.S. Army CAG operator (from a few years ago) with what appears to be a custom 1911 of some sorts.

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll260/J...pg?t=1228173512

SF, as in ODAs do not use 1911s (maybe with a VERY small number of exceptions, but if you are doing an impression, get a M9). Some CAG operators use them here and there.

Not too sure on 1st SFOD-D on that one. As of 2007 that guy was in 5th SFG(A), that's what he said anyways,

and that pic is from '04.

So ANVIS-mount, 1911, stuff from Paraclete and so on doesn't always mean 1st SFOD-D.

Not too sure on 1st SFOD-D on that one. As of 2007 that guy was in 5th SFG(A), that's what he said anyways,

and that pic is from '04.

So ANVIS-mount, 1911, stuff from Paraclete and so on doesn't always mean 1st SFOD-D.

Is that guy on some forum? Which one?

I was inferring form the gear he had, that he was CAG.

US Army Asymmetric Warfare Group pics. From Milphotos.net

**IMAGE**

That device on the right side of their helmet is a video camera right?

**IMAGE**

I always felt that these guys looked a little on the young side to be AWG- isn't there an EOD patch around on one of these photo's just to confuse matters further? Other opinions about who/what these guys are abound on the web, AWG is just one theory.