Army SF & SOF Pics

There are a few other confirmed photo's out there showing AWG, but this was the clearest one I've seen to date, the others are all from a distance or from the rear but still seem to show older guys in them (not excusively however). AWG recruit people with a certain amount of army experience, tending to reinforce the idea that older, more seasoned soldiers are serving with them. You don't need to see someone's face to gauge someone's age dude, there are other things that can give indications as well - hands, posture etc.

The AWG procurement list is VERY similar to one or two other units as well, hence the debate. Incidently, AWG had their Hk416's taken off of them around this time last year, so if those photo's were taken in 2008 then it would imply that they are not in fact AWG.

Let me restate this is just my opinion, these guys could very well be AWG, there's every chance that they are. I've also read good points raised by others however that indicate that these photo's could show 'other' units too, so calling them AWG remains, for me at least an unproven theory.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the CAG sidearm debate, it is recorded in various formats that they use Glocks and 1911's, operator preference at the same time.

Loads of 1911 evidence about and for Glocks you have the pics already posted, the book "not a good day to die" and the recent KBL book are good examples.

Also I have just finished reading Pete Blaber's book "The mission, the men and me" which mentions that they were using Glocks in Bosnia in the late 90's as well.

Cool article. Incidentally, Selfs rifle failed because they were old and worn out - not because they necessarily bad. The guns being used were relics from the Clinton era - some were almost 7 years old. The guns probably had what, 1000 rounds through them every month as well?

Now guns are replaced at least every 24 months AFAIK.

Maybe that problem wouldnt have occured with the 416...I dont know enough about real guns to comment on that.

I had M4 issues in Iraq myself. It kept feeding rounds up above the bolt into the groove for the charging handle where the tip of the round would go into the gas tube... I switched it out with an old M16A2 very quickly. :lol:

Edited by KTcerberus
7699a1ff.jpg

Hmmm... Kitlist? What i´m able to id is the AWS CQB vest in coyote, G19, HK416 with eotech. But... what flashlight are he using? And the uniform?? digi2 or marpat frog? And the gloves?

I´ve found a replica of the vest in coyote:

http://airsoftglobal.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=5887

But i don´t find the rest of the gear.

Regards

Members of Operational Detachment Alpha 3336 of the 3rd Special Forces Group (Airborne) recon the remote Shok Valley of Afghanistan where they fought an almost seven-hour battle with terrorists in a remote mountainside village. Photo by Sgt. David N. Gunn December 15, 2008

army_mil-27155-2008-12-15-1412121.jpg

army_mil-27154-2008-12-15-1412111.jpg