Army SF & SOF Pics

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Highly doubt they found an UMP with a EOTech in a cache. Espically when everything found is laid out in front of them. Usually leaning your weapon against a wall while sorting everything out is common. So I'd say one of the guys is carrying that stuff.

IDK, they found an insurgent stash of those MP5K briefcase guns a while back so a UMP and M79 aren't far fetched. I don't think there are any units with M79s in service in the sandbox though. I'm pretty sure the M203 has replaced almost all of them and the few that are left are just buried in storage and somebody to lazy to dig them out.

I can definatly say I've seen a few picys from the boys with some of your more SF orintated units still using them - it does make sense to still use them as a 203 adds extra weight & well may not be required - they also need to be fiteed and cabled on by armourers / trained people - a M79 just needs to be picked up.

For definate they are in Afgan, but I'm sure i've seen photos of them in Iraq on these forums.

I was unaware a 203 weighed more than an M79...

It doesn't but you can leave it in your wagon / have it slung which means your less likley to tire while aiming with your primary.

Or it may be that you want it for illum rounds and are utilisaing a smaller caliber round primary for the mission.... there are many reasons it may be prefered - or not. I';m just going upon what I've seen / heard from very reliable sources.

Edit Google "M79 in Iraq" - lots of results there.....

Edit2:

thumper.jpg

Edited by Tallbloke
It doesn't but you can leave it in your wagon / have it slung which means your less likley to tire while aiming with your primary.

Or it may be that you want it for illum rounds and are utilisaing a smaller caliber round primary for the mission.... there are many reasons it may be prefered - or not. I';m just going upon what I've seen / heard from very reliable sources.

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...p;#entry1692848

Just check this thread, towards the bottom of this page in the link.

Can anyone give me a semi complete list of what armor systems atre in use? know the CIRAS, EPC, RRV, RAV and the FAPC but what else? thank you. Also what colors?

For Army SF?

Seems that the MarCIRAS is most common these days. A couple pics have come up, with an RRV being worn over one, and a few pics came around with guys sporting Eagle SFLCS plate carriers. The RAV is used by CAG, and probably by some SF still. And then FAPC is sometimes used, but not very often judgeing from pics. If you are looking for a good vest to buy (for a SF impression), it seems that you have some options, but the way you combine/set it all up, is pretty important to pull it off. My source for these conclusions is browsing pics, BTW.