Army SF & SOF Pics

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've only seen Rangers with those Ark-thingies. That's probably a personal preference sort of deal.

Pics from a 10th Group demo in Stuttgart, several of them are wearing Arc'teryx knee caps... Also of interest is the fact that they are using Glocks carried in what look like a mix of Safariland and Bladetech holsters.

hires_080925-F-6655M-008a.jpg

hires_080925-F-6655M-004a.jpg

So this is the kit I'm refining for Sennybridge in April. Juggled some *suitcase* around since I had my M4, and indeed since I took these pics on Friday night.

The SCAR is awesome and is now not changing apart from POSSIBLY a PEQ-15 sometime down the road when the VFC comes out.

The biggest change since the pics below is that the TAG padded belt kit has gone. I've put the IFAK on the left side of the rear plate carrier, and the TT hard case with GPS on the right side in much the same place. The HSGI double pistol mag pouch on the RRV is replaced by the Maxpedition Rollypoly, and my multitool goes on my ACU pants belt. All this means I can completely lose the belt rig.

The only issue I have is that I miss my TAG dumper. I like it back there, hanging low, and the Maxpedition just doesn't seem as good. My muscle memory is causing to way overshoot it as well, because I keep aiming for my old TAG. I might look at rigging the TAG up to the RRV somehow, in the same place, just excluding the belt. I'll see how that goes.

Anyway, these should give you a rough idea. I'll get better pics sometime down the line, and I'm hoping some of the guys taking pics at Cerberus today (where I ran it with all the changes) put their pics up on the net, so I'll steal them and post them here too.

Enjoy!

IMG_0097-forum.jpg

IMG_0098-forum.jpg

IMG_0099-forum.jpg

IMG_0101-forum.jpg

And my completed SCAR for use with this (I can run my Surefire Z2 on the right hand front rail but it's not on in this pic because it was dead weight)...

IMG_0105-forum.jpg

Interesting setup there. I would suggest removing the MICH cover, and maybe giving it a nice camo paint job and adding velcro.

It's painted/velcro'd underneath the cover, actually, but I like the look with the cover and it's not inaccurate as I have reference material for both ways. Sets it apart from the raft of identikit loadouts, too.

Wrench, screw you buddy. I don't even like beans. :P

Seriously, thanks guys.

It's painted/velcro'd underneath the cover, actually, but I like the look with the cover and it's not inaccurate as I have reference material for both ways. Sets it apart from the raft of identikit loadouts, too.

Wrench, screw you buddy. I don't even like beans. :P

Seriously, thanks guys.

What about canned bread?

hey HaVoC, long time no see,

just a quick Q about your rig on the previous page, does it not ###### you off with the RRV sagging over , without using the pit clips?

I only ask cos it did me, i had the same set up, i ended up ditching the rear plate, and running the RRV in the "H" setup, over the PACA, with a camelbak threaded through the shoulder straps.

For Authenticity you could always add a plate into the rear part of tha PACA?

Good to see some up to date pics anyway, hope all is well in the SNAFU camp,

regards,

jim.

Funnily enough mate, I've gone the other way - I was running it with a Thermobak bodged onto the straps, and now I have the rear plate on there with the same hydro zip-tied onto the back.

I found it awkward to take on and off with the Camelbak there, and it seems to sit more stably now. I just make sure it's cinched up pretty tight, and you have to tape the 'waist' straps at the back, because I found they come loose pretty quickly which lets the rig flop around.

Generally though, I love it. No real movement and it carries everything I need where I need it.

And yeah mate, the team is good. Drop in on the forums sometime, yo (especially since you're technically still a member). ;)

Cheers :)

Edited by HaVoC
The pics were taken at a demo for the JCOC (Joint Civilian Orientation Conference) in September 2008. All the pics were publicly released, and on the JCOC website are accredited as being 10th Group.

Of course they'd say its all 10th, but if you look at some of the gear it looks more Delta ie: ANVIS

I could be wrong though.

Of course they'd say its all 10th, but if you look at some of the gear it looks more Delta ie: ANVIS

I could be wrong though.

When the pics were initially posted up in a team thread on another forum there was a bit of debate about whether or not they were SF due to the usage of some more CAG-orientated items such as the ANVIS. I can only quote from what the websites have said they are, which is 10th Group; however you could be right and they could be CAG. I think the fact that the pics were released suggests that they may not be CAG (I know US SOF still appreciate their privacy, but they're definitely more camera-friendly than say UKSF).

Kit-wise, from what I've read about the subject they have a certain amount of latitude in selecting kit when it comes to individual ODAs and as long as its budgeted and approved by the chain of command then there's nothing to stop them using whatever they want.