Army SF & SOF Pics

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do CAG, and other SF units use ANVIS over other night vision systems?

I would figure because it was designed for flying that it might not be as good on the ground.

ANVIS (AVS-6 and AVS-9) are better because they use two tubes, so the depth perception is far better among other things

They probably aren't used anymore...they have been replaced by better version that are optimized for ground use - PVS15, and PVS23 (F5050) are the latest binocular style NVGs. PVS21s are binocular as well I guess...but they are very different.

15s are used by SEALs, and I know 23s are used in the Army - but I imagine both are used by each. 23s by default require the ANVIS mount (but they arent aviator goggles) so that would explain why a few of those guys have ANVIS mounts.

As far as the 10th Group photos...they were released by the Army and the Army labeled them as 10th Group. 10th Group is also stationed in Germany..where those photos are taken. I would wager money they are 10th Group.

They arent CAG though...everyone knows they wear multicam and use 416s ;)

Yeah, i know that RAV were used since years on the USSF, but i think that wiht the deployment of the sflcs the rav have been disapeared from the operators locker.

So, it could be acurate to do a 10th sfg impression, according to this photos, ussing ACU uniform, mich 2000 with anvis mount, ms2000, paraclete rav on sg color, m4? (in a few months mk16 and 17)

And use a G19 with SF X200 and 6004?

Rgds

Yes, but, personal opinion, you should dig the ANVIS mount for a mount plate with rhino arm, to be less CAGish.

The SG RAV is surely more useful than MJK stuff in german environment, and, as far as I know, more apreciate in unit who have the choice of wearing RAV instead of CIRAS.

Edited by matfar
afaik I think the Ops Core VAS shroud is unused, never seen it on operators.

Seconded, I've yet to see any pictures of this in use by SF.

For a good 10th SFG impression, take the "normal" rhino plate, or if you like the norotos design, a 1shroud norotos will do it (even if I don't remember of seeing this in 10sfg).

You generally see the normal rectangular NVG mount and rhino arm used by SF; although I have pics of 5th Group wearing 1-hole Norotos (top pic):

080928-A-6218H-004.jpgUFC202.jpg

Although the 1-hole Norotos is used, unless someone is up close to tell the difference you could end up getting called a SEAL, the rectangular NVG mount is more distinctive as a SF item (especially when coupled with a Surefire HL-1 and a painted MICH).

Although the 1-hole Norotos is used, unless someone is up close to tell the difference you could end up getting called a SEAL, the rectangular NVG mount is more distinctive as a SF item (especially when coupled with a Surefire HL-1 and a painted MICH).

The 1 hole is more SFGish, SEAL use 3 hole norotos.

HL1 and painted helmet are not SF distinctive stuff, it's all operator preferences, some ditch the petzl light for HL-1, SF as well as SEALs, and I think you could see more painted helmet in NSW than USASOC.

The 1 hole is more SFGish, SEAL use 3 hole norotos.

That's what I was trying to explain, maybe not very well; but the 1-hole and 3-hole Norotos have a similar shape and unless someone knows what they're looking at they could easily confuse the two and mistake your SF impression for a SEAL one. Despite the pics I posted in my previous post the rectangular NVG mount is more prevelant.

and to speak about airsoft, 1 hole norotos replicas are not functional, so you will not be able to put an arm on it (anyway, there is not short titanium arm replica to go with it too, so except if you want to buy a real one...).

We're on the same wavelength :D I was going to mention that there is no functioning 1-hole replica... which TBH sucks! Why must airsoft manufacturers pander to the SEAL loadout community! Having said that, I'm going to have to take a look at my reference pics because I'm not sure if I've seen anyone wearing a 1-hole actually using NVG with it.

Anyone with pics of the Army SF doing close work with the Northern alliance forces? The type of loadout with a sweater, chest rig of sorts and wool cap? Trying to put a grab n go light rig.

thanks

Ask and you shall receive:

Afghan2.jpg

018_G.jpg

4q6jq46jq.jpg

b_sfa05.jpg

ussf414.jpg

MirWaisHospital2.jpg

MirWaisHospital3.jpg

MirWaisHospital5.jpg

Last three are from the Mir Wais hospital takedown. In the bottom pic you can clearly make out that they're running chicoms over SPEAR fleeces. If you're aiming for this period then you couldn't go wrong with some SPEAR ELCS in either woodland or 3-colour desert.

Guys i need some help.

Im in DIRE need of a SPEARs BALCs in woodycam. I cant seem to find one anywhere. I placed an order on Boomarms and its been like a week and i havent got a shipping quote or anything. If anyone knows where else i can get a real or a decent replica or is selling one let me know.

Thanks

and to speak about airsoft, 1 hole norotos replicas are not functional, so you will not be able to put an arm on it (anyway, there is not short titanium arm replica to go with it too, so except if you want to buy a real one...).

Literally just stumbled across this whilst searching for something else... finally a working 1-hole norotos :) !