Army SF & SOF Pics

Im not trying to offend anyone by asking this Ive just always been curious. Why do people from other countries always try to do US Spec Ops impressions instead of their own country? Again im not trying to offend so please dont take it that way im just curious ive always wondered

Because you've got a massive amount of choice. With the size of the US, and the variety of forces, detatchments within them, and whatever, you can pick a look that you like. Army, Marines, Rangers, SEALs, etc etc. All different and distinctive looks.

Plus almost every piece of US tactical gear has been cloned for half the price and is easily accessible.

Oh, and its a mark of "progression" too. When you start, in the UK atleast, almost everyone wears DPM. Its cheap, its easy to get. But once you get into your kit a bit more, the first thing many people do is distance themselves for the 'newbie gear' ie, DPM.

Double oh, and Molle is totally bitchin'.

Edited by -Angel-
  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not trying to offend anyone by asking this Ive just always been curious. Why do people from other countries always try to do US Spec Ops impressions instead of their own country? Again im not trying to offend so please dont take it that way im just curious ive always wondered

In Spain, the kits on most games are mostly divided o Spanish, german and USA forces, but I use a USAish loadout because I love tiger stripes and molle, it is so customizable and cool... :lol:

Well, i'd love to throw a Mexiacn SF loadout together, but my butt would be thrown in Jail, to make things worse, the whole cartel/drug situation in here hasn't made things easier on airsofters.

Simple, US SF use the most gucci kit, theres so many gubbins you can strap on an AR15 its mental, then theres all the modular kit which is being copied by most other countires. Theres something about those strips of webbing that makes people think "this is the best ever".....

Dont get me started on US SF helmets...

Well, I wouldn't know about that, but getting an AEG across the border nowadays is a serious PITA. I was visited by police officers because some old woman said she heard gunshots (AEG fire), how lame is that?

Ok i might as well ask this. Is a cantilever mount accurate for a SF loadout?

Don't think anyone had posted these yet, so I'll do it. Four of us plus an 'outsider' (now a member) from SNAFU at Phoenix Rising 3 last weekend.

http://www.teamsnafu.org/gallery/albums/userpics/10002/

P1040616edit.jpg

Left to right: aimpoint (Luke), Buzzsaw (Ben), sadigh (James), tom lawson (Tom), Me (James)

Tom was in UKSF kit, hence the RAV (sadly not finished at the time of the game) and Brit flag. :)

More pics of me (the other guys can post theirs if they want):

P1040566.jpg

P1040568.jpg

P1040571.jpg

Sad face at this face. What the hell? Ben, I hate you for taking the photo at that exact moment.

P1040573.jpg

So American I drink Gatorade, spunk Hersheys and cry eagle tears.

P1040577.jpg

P1040599.jpg

P1040600.jpg

Edited by HaVoC

The rest, and kitlist:

P1040601.jpg

P1040602.jpg

P1040603.jpg

P1040609.jpg

KITLIST:

Roughly head to toe...

MICH 2000

- Issue ACU Cover

- MICH NVG Mount

- MSA Pads

- MSA Chinstrap, Foliage Green

- Foliage Green Goggle Retention Straps

- Petzl Tactikka

ESS NVG Profile Goggles, Black

TCI Liberator II Headset

Massif Army Combat Shirt

- Tan IR Flag, Nametape, IR Blood Type Patch, SNAFU Team Patches

Issue 2nd Gen. ACU Pants w/ Foam Kneepad Inserts

- BDU Belt, Tan

SWMS Max Grip II Gloves, Sage Green

Suunto Observer Tt

PACA Low Visibility Carrier, Tan

- Nametape

- IR Tab

Eagle Industries Rhodesian Recon Vest, MJK

- Eagle Industries RRV Rear Plate Carrier, MJK

Camelbak Thermobak 3l, CB

Safariland 6004, Dark Earth

- Diamondback Tactical 6004 MOLLE Adaptor

- Gemtech TRL, Foliage Green

3no. Tactical Tailor Triple M4 Mag Pouches, Tan

Tactical Tailor GP Horizontal Pouch, Tan

Tactical Tailor Single Mag 5.56 Shingle, Tan

2no. Eagle Industries 1911 Mag Pouches w/ Kydex, MJK

Tactical Tailor Small Radio Pouch, OD

- Kenwood TK3101 PMR446 Radio

CSM Strider Fixed Blade Sheath, CB

- Strider DB-L NSN, CB G10 Grips

Tactical Tailor Strobe Pouch, CB (Sprayed)

- MS2000 Strobe

Tactical Tailor 75 Series Hard Case, Black (Sprayed Tan)

- Garmin eTrex GPS, Sprayed Tan

Specter Gear Dump Pouch, CB

John Willis IFAK, CB

Sharpie & Notepad

EMT Shears, CB Handle

IR Chemlights

Visible Chemlights, Red

Grimlocs, Foliage Green/CB

Photon Microlight LED Light, Blue LED

Combat Application Tourniquet, Black

Gerber Compact 400 Sport, Black

Strider SnG

First Field Dressing

Scarpa ZG65 XCR Boots, Black

WEAPONS:

FNH Mk16 SCAR-L, 10" CQC Barrel

- 8no. 30rd Magazines, w/ Magpuls

- TangoDown Stubby QD Vertical Foregrip, FDE

- TangoDown Rail Covers, FDE

- EOTech 553, FDE

- Blue Force Gear Vickers Combat Applications Sling, CB

Colt 1911A1

- 3 Magazines

- Gemtech TRL, Foliage Green

Edited by HaVoC
HaVoC- Hows your dump location work for yea?

Just great. Beats running it on a belt because, well, it's not on a belt. My rig is all self-contained now. :)

Havoc,

you ALL need secondaries, and you need a few more years of age. You just look...too young for SF :wide-eyed:

We all did (apart from Tom - see above) who didn't because his SERPA mount hadn't arrived in time. A couple of us run them on the chest area of our rigs so you probably can't see them in the pics very easily.

The way we look isn't something we can readily change, but we're not that young. Added to which there are some surprisingly young-looking guys in SF for real if you look through the pics! ;)

We all did (apart from Tom - see above) who didn't because his SERPA mount hadn't arrived in time. A couple of us run them on the chest area of our rigs so you probably can't see them in the pics very easily.

I had a P226 in a drop leg! You can see it above my luminous boots!

It was Sadge who didn't have one, as far as i can remember.

The way we look isn't something we can readily change, but we're not that young. Added to which there are some surprisingly young-looking guys in SF for real if you look through the pics! ;)

Growing Beards might be an Idea. When I'm clean shaven, I still need to show my ID when watching mature rated movies (I'm 30)

Growing Beards might be an Idea. When I'm clean shaven, I still need to show my ID when watching mature rated movies (I'm 30)

I have a life outside of airsoft and don't want a beard at any other point in time, so that's not gonna happen ;)