Army SF & SOF Pics

LOL at the fake beard :D

Ok guys, I'm in the final stretch for my kit and I have a few questions.

Kitlist

ACUs

Merrel Chameleon Boots

Black Nomex Gloves

Paraclete SG HPC and Pouches: .45 Pistol Quad, 3 Paraclete M4 Doubles, 1 MBITR, 1 TAG Hydration on the back. Cyalumes. Grimlocs.

Specs Ops Belt with Spec Ops supsenders with Blackhawk Holster for 1911 .45

Black Alta Knee Pads

Replica Comtac

Replica MBITR

Tadgear Stealth Hoodie V4

Gats

M4 CQBR + "Gangsta" pistol grip + EOtech

Ok, so I'm doing a SF kit, and was wondering:

1.- Is it OK for me to use an MICH 2001 helmet with Rhino Mount? or would I be better off with any other MICH? I already have a 2000 but I don't really like it. (Which mount should I use?)

2.- Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to add to the CQBR to spice it up?

3.- Are black PEQ 15's in use?

Edited by JAYALA
  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so I'm doing a SF kit, and was wondering:

1.- Is it OK for me to use an MICH 2001 helmet with Rhino Mount? or would I be better off with any other MICH? I already have a 2000 but I don't really like it. (Which mount should I use?)

2.- Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to add to the CQBR to spice it up?

3.- Are black PEQ 15's in use?

I've had a quick look through my SF reference pics and can't find any that are certifiable SF wearing MICH 2001. It appears that someone might have been wearing one at the JCOC demo in Stuttgart earlier in the year, however I've now discovered that there was a Navy presence involved in the demo and you can't identify whether the wearer is Army or Navy. There is a pic of a 2002 in use in a meet and greet PR event for Ultimate Fighters.

Personally, I run a 2000 with Rhino mount and SF helmet light as this is much more typical and IMO more accurate for an SF impression. There are no 100% accurate 1-hole Norotos replicas available, and real deal ones go for ridiculous money when they infrequently appear on ebay. Is your impression DA? If not, swap the MICH out for a ballcap. I did this the last game I played and the photos were ace (need to get some more taken next game!)

As for the CQBR, again a quick check of my reference pics reveals 0% gangsta grips. All my pics feature KAC VFGs, or nothing at all. Doesn't mean that someone, somewhere in the Groups isn't running one, but TBH the gangsta grip just screams CAG IMO.

As for the PEQ15, I couldn't say - although I don't recall seeing a black one in use. I've the Dytac one (FDE body with some black detailing around the laser pointer part), which is pretty accurate and does feature in a static display for a visit to Bragg by SecDef.

Ok, thanks atomicardvark, yes my kit will be a DA one. I will go with the MICH 2002, gangsta grip, and , I'll hold off the PEQ 15 for a while, until someone can say for sure if black ones are in use. I just hate the FDE color. I hadn't realized I am very well on my way to a CAG loadout. I just need an ANVIS mount, will get one when i have enough dough. Great kit mysl1.

More picsx!

Ref1

Ref2

IMG_0863.jpg

IMG_0865.jpg

IMG_0872.jpg

IMG_0874.jpg

IMG_0877.jpg

IMG_0878.jpg

IMG_0893.jpg

SDS TC-2002+ANVIS+stuff

TCI Lib1

Oakley M-frame 2.0

DCU RAID BDU

Paraclete HPC

AWS Chest rig (green thing is a water bottle)

ATS Riggers belt

Safariland 6004 high ride

BHI Safety Lanyard

Nomex gloves

BHI Kneepads

Columbia sneakers

M4 MRE

1911 Vickers

Ok, thanks atomicardvark, yes my kit will be a DA one. I will go with the MICH 2002, gangsta grip, and , I'll hold off the PEQ 15 for a while, until someone can say for sure if black ones are in use. I just hate the FDE color. I hadn't realized I am very well on my way to a CAG loadout. I just need an ANVIS mount, will get one when i have enough dough. Great kit mysl1.

No! No! Flat dark earth for the win! The FDE PEQ-15's are more common, but there are some black PEQ-15' out there.