Army SF & SOF Pics

I just posted them to prove that black ones are in use, not to specify by which unit.

I thought the guy from the second pic was assumed to be Delta, unless something has changed since I last checked? This IDing of guys in photos is a f*cking failure anyway - there are more arguments over that than anything else. Pretty sad.

Edited by HaVoC
  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys! i´ve back! hahaha!

Recently someone has send me this picture:

delta42.jpg

It´s supposed to be a "D-boy" but i need to confirm it. The main reason is that i need a ref pic of a "D-boy" using an M933 and this could be the one i´m looking for.

Thanks, as always, for your help!

Well there are some things that make me think on delta. Yeah! i know he is not using normal delta stuff but the mich 2000 with the anvis and batery pack has been seen on other photos (at least one)

Then the paraclete rav. Ok, it´s on 3 desert pattern, but...

He´s carrying a 1911 on a 6004 (ok they normally uses the 3004)

As i say on the post, i need to id LOL!

could someone enlighten me as to what normal delta kit is ?

'Normal' is such a tough word, given that Delta - like every other SOF - will tailor their individual kit to the particular mission they're undertaking, the theatre of operations (jungle, desert etc.), threat level... I could go on... Might be easier to say what sort of environment you're looking to base your kit on/in or a time frame.

There are certain items that are more generally associated with Delta than with other SOF like ANVIS NVG mounts (although there's pics of PJs and SF using them), Paraclete smoke green plate carriers as already mentioned by TheLiar (also favoured by UKSF in the RAV-variety) etc.

I'm going to go out on a limb and post this pic from mp.net, despite what the caption states as I believe (judging by the patch on the gent's right arm, the different camo to the others and the fact that it looks like he's instructing the rest) it's 10th SFG(A) - ODA 0334 judging by the patch.

ODA0334training9thBattISOF.jpg

A Soldier from 9th Battalion, Iraqi Special Operations Forces, aims to improve his reflexive fire skills. The Soldiers are being trained by U.S. Special Operations Forces in Al Asad, Iraq. Once the training cycle is complete, these Soldiers will be responsible for keeping the Al Anbar province safe from insurgents and criminals in the area. "Al Anbar has the only force that can go after so many targets, so we are happy to have this training," said the commander of Al Anbar's 9th Battalion, ISOF. "We are capable to make the area safe." (Photo by Sgt. Brandon Pomrenke : Combined Joint Special Operations Task Force - Arabian Peninsula)

Uh, im going to say no. solely based off the type of jump wings he is wearing on his chest. I would assume those are iraqi jump wings. Im not sure how their uniform regulations are but if it is anything like ours you can wear patchs from joint operations on your right sleeve without being apart of that actual unit. There is female somewere in the army running around with a ranger scroll on, just because she was attached to the regiment on a deployment. besides he a lil clean shaven to be sf in threater.