Army SF & SOF Pics

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is one for all the gear whores and picture collectors out there. there is a picture around, i think from afghanistan - SF guy (i think) on the back of a jeep. Spear BA, Alice webbing. MICH. i thought i had it but cant for the life of me find it, anyone help me out :)

Dude, LE stocks are like...36 dollars used.

How can you possibly not afford that? I also fail to see how the LE stock goes against the design of the rifle. The slope on the portion of the stock that contacts your shoulder vastly improves the controllability of the weapon and also the comfort.

What I think he means is that the AR was made so that the barrel is in line with the stock, which is in line with your shoulder, with the sights sitting high above that "line"

Conversely, look at the M14, the stock curves down so the sights are closer to the barrel, and the barrel is not in line with the butt of the stock.

This means the M14 recoil has a tendency to roll up, (over) the shoulder, whereas the recoil of the M4 goes straight into the shoulder.

The duo stock defeats this logic, so he's right... looks nice though!

Edited by RaboonTheBaboon
What I think he means is that the AR was made so that the barrel is in line with the stock, which is in line with your shoulder, with the sights sitting high above that "line"

Conversely, look at the M14, the stock curves down so the sights are closer to the barrel, and the barrel is not in line with the butt of the stock.

This means the M14 recoil has a tendency to roll up, (over) the shoulder, whereas the recoil of the M4 goes straight into the shoulder.

The duo stock defeats this logic, so he's right... looks nice though!

What in holy hell...

How would the recoil of an M4 with a duostock not go straight into the shoulder? It doesn't curve down at all, it's in line with the body just like any other AR stock.

Render, look at the stock, you sit the AR so that the barrel and working parts are sitting over your shoulder, there is nothing directly behind them.

Logically, when firing this gives the muzzle a tendency to climb, and cause a moment around the shoulder. Conversely look at a standard stock, the butt sits in the shoulder and the recoil is transfered liniarly.

Render, look at the stock, you sit the AR so that the barrel and working parts are sitting over your shoulder, there is nothing directly behind them.

Logically, when firing this gives the muzzle a tendency to climb, and cause a moment around the shoulder. Conversely look at a standard stock, the butt sits in the shoulder and the recoil is transfered liniarly.

RaboonTheBaboon you are right about that mate... i watched a video on youtube all about it... i'll try and find it...

I do agree how ever that it will make it easier to shoulder the M4 when wearing body armour/Platecarrier/anything vest like.

Ugly as sin though i agree... but if it works hey... why not.

*AL* aka Lofty