Army SF & SOF Pics

Jesus, that is a LOT of good pics.

huge thnaks, i am going to be looking at those for weeks

Those are some awsome pics. I likes this one lol.

<snip>

Thanks guys. Feel free to check out the other folders, got tons of SAS and SBS and some other yank unit photos, as well as many others, and gigabytes more than I'm too lazy to upload :P

Edited by Misfit
  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dsc017096rn.jpg

Is a Bowman acceptable for an Army SF/SOF loadout? I don't ask to put anyone down...I ask because I have a bowman and I'm unsure if it'll be completely out of place in an Army SF/SOF impression.

Lovely pics btw, shame about the paintballs...not that I noticed them until someone mentioned.

Cheers

Edited by Downtown_two
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Very nice mate, is that an Eagle leg panel? If so is it any good? Only thing that sits on my leg without pissing me off is a Safariland.

Few things that might just be personal preference more than anything:-

- Comtacs or Sordins would round things off in the helmet area nicely.

- Some hydration....your in the desert!

- For a complete impression grab one of those MBITR shells from Ebay for your pouch.

- Paint your gun...always looks better in my opinion.

- Dirty up that helmet.

Like I said though, the above is pretty much my own preference.

Edited by Downtown_two

Hi,

The leg panel is not Eagle, this is Pantac (but for airsofting, the pantac one is really good ^^).

Comtacs or Sordins would round things off in the helmet area nicely.

Those comm systems are a bit expensive for me... but i will look for a tasc.

Some hydration....your in the desert!

Yep, i think i will soon buy a MAP.

Thanks for your comment :).

Like the loadout Fanatik. :)

I have a quick question, I'm no good at recognising vests (i dont know enough about the small differences) and I've just read through all 40 pages of this thread - albeit slightly tired and with a very switched off brain, and i cant find what I'm looking for.

My question is, is an RRV acceptable for a SF loadout? They're basically a light weight ciras right? So does this mean i'd need a PACA underneath the RRV?

I want my loadout to be a relatively light weight, low drag kind of deal. So i thought i'd avoid a ciras.

Sorry for the nooby questions, anyone care to inform me of the aestetic differences between RRV's, land ciras', maritime ciras', RAV's etc? If so please pm me. Then I wont need to ask such questions. :rolleyes:

Once again my apologies and i may be able to add pics of my loadout once i recieve my gear. :)

Cheers, Alex

t'es tout beau fanatik ;) ( You're beautiful fanatik )

For An RRV it's a chest rig, a lightweight CIRAS is more a Platte-carrier with or whithout cummerbund.

You can wear your RRV with or without PACA behind, both have been seen. An RRV is really much more comfortable to use than a CIRAS when you are carrying a bbackpack. In fact the CIRAS is more designed for Direct Action mission and RRV for LRRP or things like that missions. ;)

For yourr last question , i send you a PM.

Hope this help :)

Yes very much thank you. :)

Only other thing is, i was told that ranger green is the most comonly used colour now - or at least it soon will be. But i was thinking of a khaki/mjk RRV but that wont look right with my US desert tri colour... So what other camo is used? I'm not too fond of ACU or multicam (yeah i know :rolleyes: ) so what options are there?

Cheers, Alex

Ah yes, just had a rumage around and there are some pics on page 35 that show just that. Ok well great! Problem solved. :)

Cheers chaps, been very useful.

Once i get some money together, I'll get a PACA and an RRV and I'll post some pics :D

Cheers, Alex

This is my near complete Army SOF impression:-

The bar is only covering my eyes because the original looked like I was about to sneeze...this way I look far cooler :rolleyes:

DoorEntry.jpgGonnaSneeze.jpg

Now some 'In the field chasing people around a sandy house' pictures featuring mandatory blur:

Walking.jpg

Ladder.jpg

Like I mentioned above it's not QUITE finished. Waiting on black knee pads and some IR patches. Can't decide between ACU trousers of Tricolour.