Army SF & SOF Pics

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's smaller and more high-tech than the PEQ-2 and it takes CR123 lithium batteries. Just like the EOTech 553.

It's a shame they didn't add strobe functionality while they were at it, like the VITAL, or a user adjustable power mode. Seems the biggest benefit is just a better mount block.

But then again small tweaks to products for HUGE government pay offs aren't exactly new.

Edited by Titleist
It's a shame they didn't add strobe functionality while they were at it, like the VITAL, or a user adjustable power mode. Seems the biggest benefit is just a better mount block.

But then again small tweaks to products for HUGE government pay offs aren't exactly new.

Yup. I'm starting to see lot of black colored PEQ-15's on soldiers in Iraq/Afhganistan.

I got the chance to try one out last year at Shot Show, an while neat looking it really doesn't offer a whole lot that's new, but they're charging 50 percent more to government agencies. I'd rather they just offer an improved mounting solution for the PEQ-2A.

Visible lasers = not cool in combat.

I got the chance to try one out last year at Shot Show, an while neat looking it really doesn't offer a whole lot that's new, but they're charging 50 percent more to government agencies. I'd rather they just offer an improved mounting solution for the PEQ-2A.

how were you able to get in? I thought you have to be invited or something, people have been thrown out of Shot Shows before...

Didn't mean to start a debate. Nor do I think one should continue. That said, if it's dark enough you'd use an IR laser, during daytime ops (the vis laser isn't that powerful when we demoed it indoors, friggin indoors) you'd have laser wash out from dun dun dun...visible light. But to the enemy the emission point is extremely bright, so it's mainly a SHOOT ME effect.

Again, it's a cool laser, but visible lasers seem to be more useful indoors than outdoors, and even then the use is still debatable.

Okay people, move along, nothing more to see here. ;)

Dr. Evil: "Friggin' lasers on sharks FTW!"

_equipement.jpg

_001_assis.jpg

_002_genoux.jpg

_003_3-4.jpg

_004_face.jpg

SOF intel operator

List :

- Peltor Comtac I/rigid boommic + Nexus PTT

- Chicom

- M65 OD jacket

- 3days Eagle backpack

- Leica R7 reflex camera

- IBM X31 laptop

- Yaesu FT 60 FM tranceiver

- AKS74

- 5.11 pants

is that army SF with a norotos NVG mount? or did the seals go mildew cam?

The 3-point Norotos is used by other units than the SEALs, so far only the 1-point is unit exclusive...i.e 75th Rangers.

But EOD, Force Recon, SEALs are using 'em.