Army SF & SOF Pics

I feel a bit hesitant about posting these pics in this thread, but it is US SF inspired, so perhaps it has some warrant.

Let me know if they don't belong, after all it's not a strict impression, just trying to go for the look/feeling.

ussf_recon_1.jpg

ussf_recon_4.jpg

ussf_recon_7.jpg

ussf_recon_6.jpg

ussf_recon_5.jpg

ussf_recon_3.jpg

ussf_recon_2.jpg

ussf_recon_cat.jpg

Note the tacticool cat who normally sleeps in my 3-Day pack ;)

Actually I think she was scared of me in all my gear.

Cheers!

- CapaciousZepher

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, Metalblade, sorry to come up behind you and club you with this info, but...

What you see in the Ranger Demo's are of the Eagle MOLLE PC, which is part of the RLCS, but it's not the EPC with or without the cummerbund. The pics you see in training are the RBSS with MSAP cummerbund.

So before you think you know this stuff back and front, you may want to have a more critical eye. Or you know, read the Ranger thread and actually get this same info.

It's NOT the EPC. I'll give you a pass on this one since they do look quite similar, but that cummerbund is the MSAP upgrade, which brings ballistic protection to systems like the RBSS.

Sorry.

Edited by Titleist
Orly?

Ya rly. You need to spend some time in the Ranger thread. The Eagle Plate Carrier with Cummerbund is not part of the RLCS package. The normal plate carrier is. However, there is also a standalone cummerbund that is a part of the RLCS package. One last thing, the last two pictures are of a Ranger Rendevous and those Rangers are wearing the RBSS with the standalone cummerbund.

EDIT: Damn it Titleist... :angry:

Edited by Carter

I think I figured out why the impressions always look fake, especially right next to the real thing. It's cause all your gear is freakin clean as a wistle...get it dirty, rub on some asphalt or USE it more. get it worn in and make it used. freshly washed camo doesn't work either. get stained or whatever but get it worn.

Your ACOG looks gold compared to the rest of the gun.

exactly i thought SAS was SF no?

Hehe HF2 i see it now!

I have changed the vest from my old naff piece of ###### in the pics below but i havent got any good pics of the new vest yet.

Heres some other pics if you think they apply

Its done on a budget as i really would like a full leather lower platform. Just got my leather MP5 triple mag rig that cost me £65 not seen in pics and now looking at getting a correct pistol platform.

Theres alot that could be improved like omg he has skin showing! so dont nit pic ;)

As a quick kit list from the pics,

5.11 boots

Nomex blue overalls,

Balaclava

Absail harness,

S10 with Ballistic flash lenses

Glock safariland

ACM SAS/HK police vest ;)

RS Flash Bangs on hip

VFC gas charger distraction grenades on Vest

WA S&W Shorty 40

RS mp5 sling

CA MP5 B&T

ACM M500

22reg001.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c221/1st...er/22reg006.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c221/1st...er/22reg007.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c221/1st...er/22reg010.jpg

As stated before....

Why is this in the "Army SF and SOF Pics" thread....?

It looks great as a SAS Counter Terrorism loadout, but not US Military SOF in any way......

Im not sure if you all know this but the black hawk down movies was not an accurate representation of special forces operational detachment delta. Its cool to look like the movie and all but, keep in mind that it was indeed a movie and that the loadout depicted was allowed to be shown for a reason it is wrong. I was talking with a SFC who was on set as an advisor during filming. Its a just so you know thing if you want to do a "delta" loadout just think direct action and it will get you close.

As stated before....

Why is this in the "Army SF and SOF Pics" thread....?

It looks great as a SAS Counter Terrorism loadout, but not US Military SOF in any way......

well considering this site is .co.uk, if there is a thread titled Army SF, the assumption should be British army SF not US - therefore thread title is misleading.... So poster is not really at fault is he....

Edited by Jaager
God forbid somebody reads this thread past it's title and get another idea :o

The point is that at no point was it specifically mentioned that it was for US Army only.... So if the thread title is simply Army SF, then that should allow British army (or any army) Special Forces.