Army SF & SOF Pics

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was bored a few months ago and threw this together as kind of a "Columbian Drug War" themed loadout:

I ended up playing in it for a small game I hosted, and it really worked well with the terrain/foliage at my field for the time of year. Now the leaves are falling off the trees and Tri-Color Desert and other lighter patterns are really working well.

That actualy looks realy nice Justin, you could even go so far as to say it's a Philipines counter insurgency loadout.

I'm making up a SF kit for a specific game hows this sound to you guys?

3color trousers

3color boonie

black fleece (army issue)

Tan belleville's

duty belt w/the works (dump,pistol lanyard,maybe some molle/alice)

blk 6004 SLS w/M9

Either a AK Chest rig (chinese one) and or MBSS

AK47 & M4 RIS/203 (ACOG, PEQ2, BUIS)

I have some other gear ideas this is just a rough draft..

thanks for the help

Sounds good. Just make sure you get some Armor to go under that Chicom (if you use it) a PACA, BALCS or even PT armor would fit the kit well. A baseball hat would fit the loadout better I think.

BTW, anybody got some pics of Army SF using the RRV, doesn't matter how old.

Im not sure if you all know this but the black hawk down movies was not an accurate representation of special forces operational detachment delta. Its cool to look like the movie and all but, keep in mind that it was indeed a movie and that the loadout depicted was allowed to be shown for a reason it is wrong. I was talking with a SFC who was on set as an advisor during filming. Its a just so you know thing if you want to do a "delta" loadout just think direct action and it will get you close.

Yeah DOLCE is right, a good 1st SOD-Delta (CAG) impression will look alot like most other DA impressions with just minor changes. One thing for semi-current CAG is an M4 MRE, Possibly an AWS CQB vest, MSA ACH, and a 1911 for starters. There is a fairly recent video out there of CAG as well as some great pics if you search. It is my current quest so I can do a few illustrations for a role playing company.

Edited by navymp28
BTW, anybody got some pics of Army SF using the RRV, doesn't matter how old.

Most of the recent CAG & SF photo's I've seen show things like Paraclete RAV's being used, I can't remember seeing an RRV (goes away to check again)

One thing for semi-current CAG is an M4 MRE, Possibly an AWS CQB vest, MSA ACH, and a 1911 for starters

Also add HK416 and Glock variants.

Edited by tomo

@ Agent Hunk:

I was told repeatedly be so called "experts", that SF rarely use the LMT Crane stock up to this day, and they still use the old 6 position stock. Funnily enough, pictures seem to confim that. Wich would make your impression more Seal-ish than SF-ish (i mean, the only set each other apart in tiny details like these anyway)

But you really, really need an NVG mount

don't those recent training photo's of the 10th SFG show crane stocks in use?

The LMT SOPMOD/Crane stock is issued with their M4's and M4 CQBR's. Interesting 9" rail they have on that CQBR-it's not the Daniel Defense MK 18 rail, it's just an aftermarket one. I've seen a pic of US Army instructors in the sandbox with that exact set-up. I hope we see Block 2 CQBR's soon.

@ Agent Hunk:

I was told repeatedly be so called "experts", that SF rarely use the LMT Crane stock up to this day, and they still use the old 6 position stock. Funnily enough, pictures seem to confim that. Wich would make your impression more Seal-ish than SF-ish (i mean, the only set each other apart in tiny details like these anyway)

But you really, really need an NVG mount

"Older SF inspired rigs. "

;)

As in not exact impressions but SF is the closest thing considering its not a Grunt set up. And I cannot go back in time to purchase new gear.

Edited by Agent Hunk

Im working on a bit of a SF kit (I guess),

The latest additions to it:

marciras.JPG

Sofar I got this:

Tan cap

Swimmer headset

CB MAR CIRAS

DCU pants

TAD SS Jacket

Wellco Spartan boots / Merrell Moab

Mechanix Gloves