Army SF & SOF Pics

No offense, but if you've been inspired by the pics I think you have been, this is a long way off. It looks neat in its own way, but it's nothing like the photos I think you mean.

I'll try to dig them up when I have a spare minute (i.e. not right now) and I'll put them up if you want.

Looks kinda cool as-is, though, so I'm not knocking it too bad. :)

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Recent in game photo'

P1020621c.jpg

Pretty good loadout, however I've spotted a couple of oddities (please don't take them as criticism per se, but more as helpful observations).

I can't tell for sure, but from the pic you posted it looks like you're running a Wilcox-style mount for the red dot; never seen a pic to date of SF running this type of mount - generally it's either an EoTech 552, an ACOG or a L-shaped mount. Seeing as it looks like you're running a red dot, I'd be tempted to swap to a L-shaped mount.

The Blackhawk kneepads also don't really suit this loadout, ACU wearing SF generally sport Arc'teryx knee caps or no knee pads at all. I've one or two pics with other types of pads being worn; but none show the Blachawk type you're sporting (although they are damned comfy I must admit, as I had a pair briefly).

Are you running a tac-light and the PEQ? I can't see from the angle of the gun.

Face plate is a Sensei (sp?), ripped off the goggles and with the ESS ICE retention strap popped into the fixing holes to hold it in place, and some realtree tape to break up the shape. Works to protect my teeth (and face) but allows the use of any glasses/goggles and helmet/headwear.

The sight is a red-dot on a cantilever mount (not a Wilcox), my ACOG was on something else at the time. Admittedly, I should have had that fitted. Similarly, I stripped the bolt on my L-mount, so I was running what was left that day. :unsure:

Yeah, point taken on the knee pads, but I like 'em, and they stay where I put them all day (unlike other knee pads I've tried). So :P

PEQ on the left (for the LiPo battery), tac-light on the right (to see in dark rooms) not visible in the shot, VFG running way up front underneath.

Thanks for the comments guys, but especial thanks to the marshal that snapped the piccie. :D

PEQ on the left (for the LiPo battery), tac-light on the right (to see in dark rooms) not visible in the shot, VFG running way up front underneath.

Reason I queried this is that initially I was going to flag it as an oddity, but then a quick scan of some of my reference pics actually showed a few PEQs being run on the side rail (but only when a tac-light was being run as well). In fact the pics I did find were set up exactly like your gun in the pic you posted - PEQ on the right, tac-light on the left... Something that I had never really noticed up until now... Oh well, 'you learn something everyday' as the saying goes.

...The Blackhawk kneepads also don't really suit this loadout, ACU wearing SF generally sport Arc'teryx knee caps or no knee pads at all. I've one or two pics with other types of pads being worn; but none show the Blachawk type you're sporting (although they are damned comfy I must admit, as I had a pair briefly)...

I agree with you, but the comment got me looking around on this one a bit, and I'd welcome some further opinions, but, it would appear (after a brief review) that...

...a lot less US SF wear knee pads than I'd thought/expected, and indeed (so far) I haven't found any with BH kneepads like I wear...

...but (some) SAS guys do (wear the same BH) but black, in all cases I've seen, inc' with dessie uniforms.

Comments anyone?

Picked this up a few days ago. Real Safariland ELCS kit.

I am in DIRE need of a SPEARS BALCS ine woodycam (real or replica is suppose), if anyone has one they want to get rid of please drop me a pm.

H Harness set up how i am runnign it now.

P1261326.jpg

Bag with Care and Use Manual

P1261323.jpg

Some of the pouches (double mag pouches, single mag pouches, 2 quart canteen pouches, alice adapters, large and small gp pouches, SAW pouch)

P1261322.jpg

Full loadout pics should be up soon

I agree with you, but the comment got me looking around on this one a bit, and I'd welcome some further opinions, but, it would appear (after a brief review) that...

...a lot less US SF wear knee pads than I'd thought/expected, and indeed (so far) I haven't found any with BH kneepads like I wear...

...but (some) SAS guys do (wear the same BH) but black, in all cases I've seen, inc' with dessie uniforms.

Comments anyone?

I'd keep them.

I've only seen Rangers with those Ark-thingies. That's probably a personal preference sort of deal.

Alot of what SF guys where as far as Racks/Rigs is mostly based on prefence and a nice budget to leech off of. From what I've seen around here SOP for SF personell is extremeley leaniant as far as what they can where, pick and choose from.

I was able to catch a small glimpse of 2 SF guy's walking out of the DFAC (which is rare and unusall) both wearing the Weesatch style rig in OD over ACU's and carrying OD ACH's, slinged M4's and MBITR's. Both of them only wore one knee pad.

AtomicArdvrk- I have seen pics of real US Army SF M4's that had an Aimpoint with the Wilcox mount. It is not common-you usually see them on US Navy VBSS or SEAL M4's, but if you don't have a high Aimpoint mount it should work. Plus they're great mounts-even the replicas.

US Army SF:

w1.jpg

@NewHTnes: You should be good to go with any M9.

Edited by Hispeed1