Army SF & SOF Pics

Hes in a plate carrier, not a full IBA or IOTV. If hes a regular 11B or other 11 series, I would be amazed.

TAD gear, Mapgul stuff, Strider, DBT and Paraclete....

cant say for sure obviously...but just thinking about forfeiting Insurance and going against uniform regs...

I've seen it done before where guys would wear a jacket over their armor, and their vest over the jacket. Doesn't mean he isn't wearing an IBA or OTV just because you can't see it

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NVG's are not very heavy but heavy enough...... if it gets knocked off somehow chances are you have bigger things to worry about than it hitting you in the face. The PVS14 is held on by a thumb screw that can work it's way loose not to mention that the J arm they use is made of plastic.

If you eat dookie hard enough they are coming off your face with or without a dummy cord. The dummy cord simply ensures that you have a better than average chance that they will be with you after you run into a door jamb, or after you pick your numbed body up off of the floor.

I see.

No, MICH have integrated components but I don't find pics to show you what I mean, sorry.

At first I thougt he's wearing ACH because of the foliage green straps, but I just seen those chin straps on SF too.

But I keep thinking is not Special Forces soldier, he look more like Army soldier who want to look as cool as AF soldier to me. Until someone show me I'm wrong :P

By communication components, you mean radios and headsets?

The other portion of the MICH is the MICH dual comm system that MSA used to produce. I beleive they have since been replaced by the Ranger comm system. Both are based on the Sordin headset, however the MICH comm system featured bone mics as well as boom mics for some configurations.

The ACH is simply a MICH made by SDS or Gentex or by just about any other manufacture of helmets and body armor. There are a few differences but with the cover on the biggest one is not noticable. The chin straps can be replaced as they wear out as well so a foilage or tan or even a black chin strap is not a dead givaway as to thwat the helmet really is.

Maybe GB don't have army issue gear because they have there own issue sflcs kit? (Who is faaaaaaar away better than army kit) ;)

I think you kidding about pmag, right? P-mags are popular since late 2007-2008 in Army, we can see even more of it in regular army than ODA.

Bud i hate to tell you....but fro on the Nat geo documentry onf GB's one was wearing an otv, or IOTV one thats standard issue...they use what they want but whatever.....pmags yeah i was off o that one. And as was just noted the "standard issue" isnt

The way that I understand it, the MICH and the ACH are the same thing. But, MICH is the commercial name for the helmet given by it's original manufacturers, where as the army calls it the Advanced Combat Helmet. Just like the commercial name for the body armor vest is Interceptor Body Armor, but the army calls it Individual Body Armor, or the Outer Tactical Vest. It just depends on who you talk to.

Bud i hate to tell you....but fro on the Nat geo documentry onf GB's one was wearing an otv, or IOTV one thats standard issue...

I know, it's an OTV ;)

and in all the ref pics/video I've seen, there is like 3 or 4 pics of SOF wearing otv, it's like less than 1% of all the pics?

@Wrench Bender : The ACH is also made by MSA, like the MICH, the SDS "MICH" is the Warrior Helmet, and the Gentex one is the TBH (Tactical Ballistic Helmet) ;)

@StupidHead66 : No, MICH and ACH are two different product, but the name "ACH" is often given to the MICH, wrongly.

Yeah....1% of all pics....which is 1% of everything special forces actually does....so yes thats an accurate assumption. Theres no way hes regular Army...even if he is on a shooting range on base i dont see why he would go buy a separate plate carrier for that etc. Just doesnt make sense, at least not for regular Army.

i dont see why he would go buy a separate plate carrier for that etc. Just doesnt make sense, at least not for regular Army.

paratroopersassignedtotyx3.jpg

Wow, Paraclete SOHPC, TT MAV, uberninjapetzl gloves, he's surely SOF soldiers?

No, Troop C, 5th Squadron, 73rd Cavalry Regiment, 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 82nd Airborne Division.

I think there are at least some reasons why he would buy a separate PC ;)

And actually I feel really stupid, cause I find a photo galery of a US soldier in iraq a week ago, at first I thought he was SF cause he and his teammates were in an iraqi market with only plate carriers and cool stuffes and whatever, I realize he was not SOF on the other pics, so I didn't download the pics on my HD, and I try to find those pics right now, but don't remember where they were...

Edited by matfar

Airborne not equal to regular army......at least imo, ive seen them in multicam mav's and occasionally with satches....if memory serves me correctly Airborne are technically SOF capable anyway...so therefore i wouldnt stick them with regular army in any form or fashion.

But god, this argument is stupid, more pics less talky, :D

Edited by reaper16

82nd Airborne IS a regular Army unit. Airborne don't mean SOF capable, they're not, some 82nd soldiers have the ranger tab, yes, but that don't mean they're SOF capable :)

The MAV is relatively frequent in all regular unit, multicam too, it's the new fashion, and as I said just below, they're issued the same gear as any other regular unit.

I have pics of 10th Mountain with DBT plate carriers, 25th ID with Blackhawk plate carriers, and I don't even look on the intraweb to find those pics, I'm sure I can find some more if I do.

But I think that without the origin of the pic, we will not be able to say who is right or wrong (even if I know I'm right :P :P )

Reference photos

1187438413262.jpg

080506-greenberets-vmed-215awidec.jpg

aaksized.jpg

image003.jpg

P3091326.jpg

P3091330.jpg

P3091327.jpg

Sorry the bottoms are all *fruitcage*ed up :/

boom stick

P2191325.jpg

Kit list:

Tan Ball Cap

Oakley M Frames

1st line:

Eagle Riggers belt

2x sds m9 mag pouch with kydex

Safariland 6004

2nd line:

G&P BALCS :(:( with 3x ELCS double M4

Safarland ELCS in H harness with:

2x triple m4 pouch

2x Canteen pouch

1x SAW pouch

1x SDS MBITR pouch with MBITR and H 250 handset

Boots???

Merrells? Altimas? i dont really know what to run for boots.

What i know i need:

Shemagh is on the way. An EPIC beard would be nice as well as some Muscle milk (its getting nicer alowing me to run and hit the gym more.) The ELCS kit looks a little crooked too...

That's a good lookin' set-up there jviola, however there's a couple of things I noticed which might need addressing. You need a sling for the M4, all the reference pics you posted featured slings. The BALCS body armour looks like it's sitting a little high on you, I'd maybe adjust it so that it dropped down a little as in the first pic. There's two options for the rest of the load carrying system: 1. lose it and just run mag pouches on the BALCS or 2. lose the mag pouches from the BALCS (this'd help make the ELCS sit better). By the way, there's nothing wrong with having the G&P BALCS (although the horizontal PALS in inaccurate) it's a great piece of kit and much more readily available - unlike real BALCS. A beard is not necessarily needed (I say, stroking my well trimmed beard for my own SF impression :D ); after the infamous 'cowboy' pics the Pentagon tightened uniform regs from what I've read and this spelt the end of the beard to a certain degree.

That's a good lookin' set-up there jviola, however there's a couple of things I noticed which might need addressing. You need a sling for the M4, all the reference pics you posted featured slings. The BALCS body armour looks like it's sitting a little high on you, I'd maybe adjust it so that it dropped down a little as in the first pic. There's two options for the rest of the load carrying system: 1. lose it and just run mag pouches on the BALCS or 2. lose the mag pouches from the BALCS (this'd help make the ELCS sit better). By the way, there's nothing wrong with having the G&P BALCS (although the horizontal PALS in inaccurate) it's a great piece of kit and much more readily available - unlike real BALCS. A beard is not necessarily needed (I say, stroking my well trimmed beard for my own SF impression :D ); after the infamous 'cowboy' pics the Pentagon tightened uniform regs from what I've read and this spelt the end of the beard to a certain degree.

Well at least a big moustache should be there, given some of the things I've heard.

Thanks alot guys.

The G&P BALCs is not too bad, like you said, i need to remove the horizantal pals. I just wanted to get some pics first. Atomic, i will probably get rid of the mag pouches on the BALCs i just wanted to hide the vertical pals :P

I lost my sling, but once i find it ill put it on my M4

The BALCs is sitting a little high but its protecting all my Vital organs so im going to leave it there. Maybe ill drop it down a bit. I just got it in the mail today. Ive had the ELCS kit for over 6 months and nothing to do with it.