Army SF & SOF Pics

Well, the gun is a 416 with a smith & bender short scope. Maybe surefire 6p (i didn´t see it very good) and paraclete stuff atached to the EPCw/C, and a glock magazine

So, maybe, it´s possible, who knows... could be cag gear.

Rgds!

Edited by CoolHeart_ASN
  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*sigh*, I'm finally in the right thread to ask this question:

For a Green Beret loadout, specifically in regards to the Nat'l Geo episode of Inside the Green Berets, I noticed they had a mix of what looked to be some MAR and LAND CIRAS. Color wise was the majority MJK/Khaki? I've got a LAND CIRAS and need something to go by, since FR and SEAL are both somewhat out of the question, and I've always wanted to do a loadout like the Green Berets of Fire Base Cobra.

A Land CIRAS should be fine, there are the odd pics of them being used (generally though they favour the MAR CIRAS from all the pics I've seen). If you wanted to bring the impression up-to-date then there are more and more pics emerging of SF running plate carriers with cummerbunds, and the odd RRV as well. As for colour, MJK is fine.

What people tend to forget is that individual ODAs and team members can go out and purchase bits and pieces of kit to augment their issued kit - something which is documented in Roughneck Nine-One.

*sigh*, I'm finally in the right thread to ask this question:

For a Green Beret loadout, specifically in regards to the Nat'l Geo episode of Inside the Green Berets, I noticed they had a mix of what looked to be some MAR and LAND CIRAS. Color wise was the majority MJK/Khaki? I've got a LAND CIRAS and need something to go by, since FR and SEAL are both somewhat out of the question, and I've always wanted to do a loadout like the Green Berets of Fire Base Cobra.

I looked at the pics from that documentary, and they had exclusively MarCIRAS vests, no land variants.

The MarCIRAS is deffinately more common than the Land CIRAS in SF (judging from pics and asking soldiers), however some pics have come up of the land CIRAS being used. So, you could use a land one.

Excellent, thanks you guys. I took a look at the documentary again Inside the Green Berets and did notice all were maritime. I think I'm gonna go with that instead, especially for that specific look and get rid of the LAND. Thanks again you guys.

Hispeed1 - you tease! Here's the pic in its full glory:

query-090429-A-7491W-002.jpg

Afghan National Army commandos, from the 205th Kandak, and their special operations counterparts conducted a cordon and search of the Shawal Bazaar in Kandahar, Afghanistan, April 29, 2009, in order to disrupt a Taliban safe haven. After a search of the area, Afghani and coalition forces discovered 220 pounds of opium, 2,400 kilograms of ammonium nitrate, commonly used by militants to produce explosives, and numerous pressure plates. (U.S. Army photo by Spc. Joseph Wilson/Released)

I found it, like the other pics I posted a few days ago, on the DefenseImagery.mil (link straight to pic), not ARSOC's own site which has the pic of the gents in M81 woodland BDUs waiting for the 'Hip' to land.

TBH I can't really be sure 100% as to whether these gents are SF or SOF, unhelpfully they're all walking away from the camera :rolleyes: ; however the gent closest to the camera appears to be wearing a Paraclete Hard Plate Carrier with Cummerbund which isn't generally associated with NSW.

TBH I can't really be sure 100% as to whether these gents are SF or SOF, unhelpfully they're all walking away from the camera :rolleyes: ; however the gent closest to the camera appears to be wearing a Paraclete Hard Plate Carrier with Cummerbund which isn't generally associated with NSW.

He's wearing a LBT-6094, not HPC w/cummerbund, but you can be sure that it's the 19th SFG.

US Army 75th Ranger regiment impression (~2007)

Not based on one specific picture.

3580030600_f43cbc1a18_b.jpg

3578878115_1c09fd1638.jpg

3578878009_42284dca55.jpg

1st line

EI IER-1 Belt

TAG Retention Lanyard (DBT inc.)

Omega locking carabiner

2nd line

EI RRV + Backplate

EI RLCS Cummerbund

EI RLCS Hydration carrier w. Camelbak Omega

EI SFLCS Admin pouch

EI RLCS Canteen pouch

EI RLCS Medic pouch

AI RLCS Flashbang pouch

AI RLCS MBITR pouch

EI RLCS MSAP shoulder pads

EI Triple M4 mag pouch

CAT

PACA (Mil. model)

Headgear

TC-2000 (J-tech)

Norotos PVS 7/14 swingarm

Norotos 1-hole mount (repro)

MS-2000 IR Strobe

Lip light

IR 1" square

Retention straps (need velcro)

Comms

MSA Ranger Dual Comm headset

Nexus U94 PTT

Spartan PRC-148

U-329 connector

Clothing & Accessories

Issue ACU

IR Flag (reverse)

Belleville 390 DES boots

Mechanix M-pact gloves

Casio G-shock watch

Garmin Foretrex 101 w. LBT wrist pouch

Cyalume chemlights

Primary Weapon (Blazter)

Systema PTW M4 max

KAC RAS (straight from Afghanistan)

Surefire M961XM07 (M951 inc.)

Tango Down QD grip

Vtac padded sling

ATPIAL (repro)

Aimpoint CompM2 (repro)

KAC rear flipup sight (repro)

Edited by Seraphein
Now that's what I like to see. :D

Seraphein, you might like to post that impression in the Modern Ranger Loadout thread in the Gear Discussion forum, there's plenty who would appreciate your pretty awesome impression!

Thanks, I will :)