Army SF & SOF Pics

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excerpt for US Army policy on blogging and OPSEC:

Originally, in Regulation 530-1, the Army decreed its personnel “will…consult with their immediate supervisor and their OPSEC officer for an OPSEC review prior to publishing or posting information in a public forum. … This includes, but is not limited to letters, resumes, articles for publication, electronic mail (e-mail), Web site postings, Web log (blog) postings, discussion in Internet information forums, discussion in Internet message boards or other forms of dissemination or documentation.”

The revision of the regulation states that soldiers must "recieve guidance prior to publishing any military related information" in the aforementioned areas. The Army is currently the only service that has such a regulation on blogging.

its not really an issue if its publicly available information, which all of what i am referring to is. the main reason i am not positng it publicly is for PERSEC, i dont want to tell everyone the places i have lived, etc

for aynone else they are good guidelines to follow, if you think it could threaten OPSEC, keep it to yourself. But if its something that can be readily found out or verified, its nto an issue.

Edited by paradigmsk8er
Quick question but can't seem to find the answer.

Who wears holsters on the chest like in this pic?

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/6073/sf4nh3.jpg

Thanks, razor

Sometimes that is done by those who operate constantly inside of vehicles to make their sidearm more accessible.

Though I wouldn't feel that hot about it if I was the bro sitting to his left.

I don't get the MAP craze at all. As I see it, it's a way of carrying quite a bit of kit without having to wear a pack over your rig, yeah, great. But you can't get to it unless you completely doff your rig (or unless you have someone else rummage around in there for you). That seems clumsy, inconvenient and, in a real situation, potentially dangerous.

I just can't see the usefulness, personally, at least not in the HUGE numbers that the latest craze surrounding them seems to be producing. I mean, I'll be the first person to admit that they look cool, but they only seem useful to me in very limited circumstances.

Edited by HaVoC
I don't get the MAP craze at all. As I see it, it's a way of carrying quite a bit of kit without having to wear a pack over your rig, yeah, great. But you can't get to it unless you completely doff your rig (or unless you have someone else rummage around in there for you). That seems clumsy, inconvenient and, in a real situation, potentially dangerous.

I just can't see the usefulness, personally, at least not in the HUGE numbers that the latest craze surrounding them seems to be producing. I mean, I'll be the first person to admit that they look cool, but they only seem useful to me in very limited circumstances.

+1 what Chief said.

Its great if you and a friend you just are wearing them. It usually isn't a problem for you to get something out of the pack for them. I'm guessing since SF/Seals/MEU all trust each other with their lives I'd imagine they'd trust each other with the gear in their packs.

...they look cool, but they only seem useful to me in very limited circumstances.

Exactly, I bought one anyways. I think the same thing to a degree but items that you store in a MAP are things that it won't pose a danger to get another person to grab. It's just basically a hydro pouch with a GP on bottom and admin on top. Not the most practical but looks great.